Would-be kidnappers attack person while filling gas tank. What could go wrong?

Originally published at: Would-be kidnappers attack person while filling gas tank. What could go wrong? | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Not the USA would be my guess. Based on how long it takes to fill my gas tank, I don’t think the gasoline flows from gas pump nozzles that fast around here to spray someone on the other side the car.

10 Likes

Reboinged yourself there Mark

38 Likes

So many questions…

Why did the driver get out of the van and somebody else from the inside jump into the driver’s seat once the gas starts flying?

The guy filling his tank sure seemed ready and primed to act. I would think most people would be stuck in a state of shock and bewilderment - at least for a moment. Not this guy! The door of the van opens and he immediately starts spraying! Is this so common there that he expected it to happen?

Lastly, since gas (or petrol) in that area was probably going for $2/liter at least, how much did the thwarted attempt cost the poor gentleman and did he still get his fuel discount points?

GIF by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

7 Likes

Lucky for those kidnappers that he wasn’t ready with a flaming arrow.

7 Likes

Justified did it:

5 Likes

why does this bring me SUCH JOY?!? it shouldn’t, yet it does…

5 Likes

I was just gonna ask; again?

8 Likes

Chile.

7 Likes

As to “ready and primed to act”, I’m guessing that words were spoken/shouted as they were jumping out of the van which would have given him reason to act decisively rather than waffling over their intentions.

3 Likes

my guess is they were all models having fun times on their day off.

12 Likes

Or a cigar and some helpful birds:

7 Likes

Nobody?

Zoolander Gas Fight - YouTube

3 Likes

(post deleted by author)

2 Likes

Sometimes, with our aging (and decaying) infrastructure, our shitty health care system run by greed mongering insurance companies, our military industrial complex, the terrible conditions of schools and shitty jobs, I forget how good I have it in America. At least it’s very likely no one is gonna pull up in a van while I’m filling my gas tank and try to kidnap me. Which is good, because gas in California is like 4.50 a gallon!

1 Like

Let me try it,
I keep you posted.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.