Watch these two guys try to move a giant pottery urn onto a tiny truck

Originally published at: Watch these two guys try to move a giant pottery urn onto a tiny truck | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Is that some sort of flatbed Ape?

11 Likes

The truth is, they really didn’t like that pot anyway.

19 Likes

What I always want to know about is the filmography. Was it like, “Hey, Bob, we’re about to do something very stupid, film us!”. Or is it, “Hey, that guy’s stopped what he’s doing just to film us move a pot. We must be very cool!”

21 Likes

Seems like some sort of rock it one way, bricks and stuff under lifted edge, rock it back the other way, until level with the golf-cart bed is in order. But i suspect (as does Ratel) that the video goal was perfectly well achieved, (albeit lacking yakety sax)

4 Likes

Video link for the BBS

6 Likes

Suggested theme music.

4 Likes

I bet the pieces were much easier to get onto the truck.

13 Likes

If the end result was to break it, then they did an amazing job.

6 Likes

That was my guess. How much do we love those? BTW, “Ape” means “bee” in Italian, and “Vespa” means “wasp.” Both are made by Piaggio.

10 Likes

With many official and unofficial knockoffs.

It might be electric.

(China. So one factory over, they’ll be making a knockoff without the sides.

7 Likes

Too big pot, two small brains…

7 Likes

Gravity: Still a thing.

4 Likes

They neither earned their keep nor kept their urn.

40 Likes

DANG how long have you been waiting to use that one??

15 Likes

Once smart phones came along, I knew it was just a matter of time.

12 Likes

How expensive is such a pot? Obviously the answer is going to be pretty location-dependent.

I wonder how far they meant to move it. I guess they were going to tie it down on the truck? I’m pretty partial to the theory that this was all for the social media.

It did get me thinking how I would have accomplished it. I wouldn’t have tried to tilt it over – just tilt enough to be able to twist it relative to the point on the base? That’d be a lot of grinding, there. Probably want a piece of carpet or flattened cardboard boxes there. Then twist onto the truck, still vertical, tie in place as best possible, and drive only a very short distance, very very slowly!

1 Like

“Two Guys and an Ape Moving Company”

7 Likes

In this case, ‘the wrong equipment’ means ‘absolutely no equipment’. Every mover of heavy things that I have ever seen has at least some straps and boards, to keep the thing being moved in place.
This video makes no sense.

6 Likes

They MIGHT have been able to get by with a couple of longish boards to act as a ramp. Keep it upright and rock it back and forth up a pair of 2x10s. Ideal would be a pallet and a forklift but I’m guessing those were in short supply.

Putting it on its side, they were fucked even if they managed to wrestle it up to the bed. There’s no structural integrity lying on its side - the first tiny little bump and it was going to shatter.

2 Likes