Watch thieves attempt, and badly fail, to steal an ATM by loading it on a flatbed truck

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/01/watch-thieves-attempt-and-bad.html

3 Likes

They failed, but I wouldn’t say badly. They tried to do a bad thing, but they nearly succeeded.

3 Likes

Well, at least they were wearing masks and were mostly observing social distancing. It’s not as bad as Michigan.

26 Likes

They even left that truck in the way to try and protect the police from getting too close and risking an infection.

17 Likes

The real crime is the vertical video.

13 Likes

Now we know where Fredo Corleone’s grandchildren ended up.

4 Likes

That’s a tow truck.

1 Like

Oh well, a brief journey from lockdown to lockup.

Getting a feeling this is a lost cause by now.

4 Likes

Anyone else wondering how they knew these were watch thieves? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Pedant warning! It’s a rollback tow truck.

1 Like

Seconds after the video ended, the people with the camera ran downstairs and drove the truck away with the ATM. Happy ending!

6 Likes

The video fit exactly on the mobile phone screen I was watching this on. I see no problems.

You know what really is a crime? Vertical video converted to horizontal by adding some sidebars. There is no longer a good way to watch those. desktop sucks, and mobile also sucks.

2 Likes

I’m sure the abandoned truck was worth more than the ATM.

Priorities people, PLEASE!

1 Like

I assume they stole the truck, too. Well, unless they’re complete amateurs.

I’m curious if this ever works. Skimming seems a lot easier with a lot less risk.

I have a vertical monitor next to my laptop, and every now and then I get to see a video that uses the vertical. More often, though, it’s the abomination you describe, which doesn’t work worth a damn for anybody.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.