Watch this athletic cat hit every ping pong ball that flies over the net

Originally published at: Watch this athletic cat hit every ping pong ball that flies over the net | Boing Boing

12 Likes

good luck ever playing ping pong without your cat again

12 Likes

My cat Pastel would love this, as she already enjoys knocking things off of tables.

8 Likes

Somebody should do a mash-up of this cat returning Bruce Lee’s ping pong balls hit with nunchucks.

5 Likes
9 Likes

I’m on the case and have a box of the ping and pongs on a wish list in the amazon

3 Likes

Quincy hugs the net a little bit, but has good form.

3 Likes

For 8 years, I tried to get my cat to catch or swat a ping pong ball. But for some reason, he never was interested in anything in the air. It wasn’t his vision, either.
If I tossed a ping pong ball at him (actually wiffle golf balls), he watched them the whole way, then would react once they hit the ground. In 2 dimensions, he was great, but not in 3.
A few times times I tossed it up, he watched it all the way until it hit him on the head. WTF?

4 Likes

giphy

13 Likes

I think cats have a lot of personal preference. Like, I have a kitty now that is a total paper-kitty, and loves boxes. Like loooooves boxes. Cover it with a cloth and she’s in kitty heaven.
But she won’t touch the boughten track toy I got her.
Have you tried a toy dangled from a string? I learned that you first activate their play (read: murder) reflex by dragging something back and forth in front of them, then they’re in it and will chase, jump, rake, etc. Desmond Morris wrote a couple cool books about cat behavior.

8 Likes

Yes, that’s the one. EVERYTHING has to be on the floor.

7 Likes

Had a cat or two like that myself.

3 Likes

14 seconds video…

Why?

1 Like

Lol. The longest lasting, most pristine items I’ve ever owned were cat scratch posts I’d bought for two cats.

8 Likes

Is Kiara an Irish Setter or an English Setter?
(Sorry)

2 Likes

Yes, he is playful enough with all the other cat things. Just not airborne things. If I flick a ball along the ground, he is an excellent goalie!

3 Likes

A friend went on an LSD binge (back in the day) and said that he lost the ability to see in 3 dimensions. He described the experience by saying that if someone was to throw a brick at you all you would see was a rectangle getting larger and then mysteriously feel a lot of pain and fall over!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.