Watch this chilling anti-Trump ad, set to run on Fox

I just saw this. WTAF?

6 Likes

Ten bucks says that every criminal defendant currently charged with crimes relating to January 6 cites this resolution to minimize the seriousness of their actions.

10 Likes

These ads aren’t aimed at Trump voters. Either his diehard supporters or those who will only vote for the GOP. They are largely aimed at people that didn’t vote in 2016. Trump got elected in 2016 because turnout was so low, and he got voted out in 2020 because turnout was much higher, not because voters turned on him. After all, he got MORE votes in 2020 than 2016. The goal is not to change people’s votes, it is to remind the “can’t really be bothered” crowd what an utter shit-show Trump is to get them to vote like they did in 2020.
(edited for clarity)

2 Likes

It sounds like they’re really worried about what the Jan 6 committee is going to produce, and probably the DoJ as well.

4 Likes

I guess he wasn’t aware or doesn’t care that a pardon is an admission of gilt and a confession.

2 Likes

I dunno, “we shoulda stayed in Afghanistan” and “Trump woulda done it better than Biden” are both tough to argue convincingly

It would mostly remind voters that Biden got out of Afghanistan, which voters have wanted for years

4 Likes

but it’s something the pundit class almost unanimously shrieked out about and is still shrieking about. i’ve read mainstream opinion pieces in the last week bemoaning the fact that we withdrew from there and playing up how much more dangerous the world is because we left. i’ve read two discussions of how badly the biden administration botched the withdrawal strongly implying that we should never have left. the belief that we should never have left and that we completely fucked up the exit is considered as given by the large majority of the punditocracy and that message is going to be played up over and over again as we get closer to the elections. ii live in texas and i’ve seen an ad from someone running in the republican primary who is using the dangerous and unamerican biden withdrawal from afghanistan as something they’re running against . . . in the republican primary . . . for attorney general . . . of texas. you might think those things would be non-starters for campaigning but we’re not living in a rational world anymore. these bizarro talking points have gained traction among the death-cult rubes who run so much of the apparatus of the red states. the large blue pluralities who live inthese states have been so marginalized we’re barely holding on by our fingertips.

2 Likes

If it’s possible for pardoned people to be unaware that they have admitted guilt, and if there are no consequences to them from these alleged admissions of guilt, then how can we be sure that they really exist?

If we can’t win damages from somebody purely based on the fact that they’ve “accepted a pardon,” then legally they haven’t admitted anything

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.