Watch this driver attempt a u-turn on a single lane road at the edge of a cliff

Originally published at: Watch this driver attempt a u-turn on a single lane road at the edge of a cliff | Boing Boing

7 Likes

that must have been some pants-crapping view in the backup cam.

16 Likes

I sometimes have nightmares like this. Although they’re probably not as nightmarish as whatever was in that house that made him so desperate to turn around.

16 Likes

Can we get the practice videos, should be illuminating.

9 Likes

Something about this video makes me grind my teeth (even with the volume correctly set to zero)

4 Likes

“What could go wrong?”

(Answer: everything.)

6 Likes

It’s helpful that they had 911 printed right on the side of the car. It’s going to come in handy one of these days.

2 Likes

The last reverse move made my heart rate jump.

4 Likes

I like this one attempt where the driver calmly gets out to re-balance the car in order to continue:

9 Likes

I wonder where the camera operator was standing.

That wasn’t a U-turn, it was a three twenty four point turn.

10 Likes

Austin Powers would be proud.

17 Likes

Wouldn’t it be better or safer to demonstrate how to turn around in the driveway of that house he passed on the up the road?

I took my RV up a mountain in Tennessee once, going up not so bad, coming back down in the dark in the rain… bad.

Once I turned onto the road I knew I was committed till I got to the top. Going back wasn’t an option.

4 Likes

Well done for having the patience to count. I got 22, but I lost concentration, and thus would have backed my car off the cliff to my doom.

1 Like

It’s all about patience and… front wheel drive.

Surely, this is 4 wheel drive, no?

I would have just continued up to the house and turned around in the driveway.

5 Likes

I doubt it. Looks like a mid price fwd estate tho I’m not sure on the make as all cars are just ‘generic car’ at this point.

1 Like

Wow that was stressful to watch.

Even knowing it turns out well, I can’t bring myself to watch the video.

2 Likes

I work in the car industry, for a division of a company that repairs and refurbishes cars for on-line resale, and there have been occasions when we’ve been packed with cars, getting one out of a tight place has been challenging on occasion, but nothing comes close to the buttock-clenching stress of watching that manoeuvre!

2 Likes