Watch this extremely lucky guy

Originally published at: Watch this extremely lucky guy | Boing Boing

15 Likes

Holy good Lord & Butter, play the lottery, a lot.

200-4

25 Likes

Imaginary elevator operator:

“Basement floor - Linens, cookware, shock, confusion, relief, and a little bit of pee.”

25 Likes

Bruh… :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Bring back that pallet! I’ve got a one-ton turd for you…

18 Likes

This was hands down one of my biggest fears when I was a delivery boy. A lot of those shipping elevators were sketchy at best.

29 Likes

i would call this video “my last day at this f**kin job”

25 Likes

I’m thinking maybe a substantial quantity of pee.

6 Likes

underwear GIF

14 Likes

The freight elevator in our office is ancient, recently it began leaking fluid and a repairman was called. He was shocked it had no inspection certificate. “I can’t unsee this now. The state has to be notified.” It’s going to be a long costly repair for the landlord.

But, the alternative would be a long costly court case for death or injury if it had failed.

27 Likes

After getting stuck in an office elevator once, that’s the first thing I look for when using one. If I see old dates or no certificate at all, I use the stairs if possible. The regulations for an office can be very different from the ones for residential buildings, too. Don’t get me started on the poor souls who had units installed in their homes with no working phones or alarms, because (unlike this lucky guy) their stories did not end well. :grimacing:

20 Likes
8 Likes

note to self, do not pull loads into elevator – only push loads into elevator

13 Likes

The very definition of a close call!

6 Likes

5 Likes

That’s the second reference to Dr T this week. Something must be up.

4 Likes

Watching it a second time, when he dodders before exiting the elevator, I. AM. SCREAMING.

6 Likes

But why? What are that chances that it happens a second time? :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Before it closed, the Ritz Theater in Austin had a single elevator that not only was slower than molasses, but performed a new medley of creaking and groaning with every nail-biting ride. I can only assume whatever ghost was haunting it kept it in service. In retrospect I should have opted for the stairs, but there was a certain thrill riding it, like a Disney ride but probably a lot more dangerous. :grimacing:

8 Likes

you make a good point. but in this family we take no chances.

2 Likes