Watch this guy calmly eat his kebabs while a raucous fight erupts around him

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/15/watch-this-guy-calmly-eat-his.html

6 Likes

Normal late Friday night, the kebabs don’t have to be good, they just have to be available after leaving the pub. Not much bystander effect when comfort* food is available.

*well something to soak up the beer.

12 Likes

what is taoism? i honestly don’t know and the wikipedia article left me with more questions than answers.

i was raised catholic, we didn’t learn no satanic chants meditation… and I… accept this? Am I doing it right?

2 Likes

I think he’s too busy reading this post

26 Likes

Just sitting here eatin my kebabs.

11 Likes
  1. Not his circus, not his monkeys.

2. I bet it is a really good Kebab

3. Reminds me of a time in Toronto I was at a late night cafe and some drunk girls came in wanting a salad, and this older Italian lady said they were closing soon and didn’t have any, and they whined so she eventually made them a salad. And then they didnt want to pay and there was yelling and pushing and “I know your parents!” being said before they were locked out of the cafe.

21 Likes

Based on my extensive familiarity with Guy Ritchie movies, I know that this gentleman is so calm because he could easily incapacitate everyone in this shop using nothing but his scarf and a small plastic spoon. He will, however, remain neutral until and unless someone lands on his kebab.

48 Likes

Hrm… the only real way to tell is if the video didn’t cut off before the still frame and a street name flashes on the screen.

13 Likes

So it’s the live action movie version of this?

14 Likes

Must have been a football dispute.

Nothing stands between me and my Kebabs, nothing.

6 Likes

He didn’t even bother filming it! What sorcery is this?

11 Likes

Once you go kebabs, you never go back. FACT!

7 Likes

Prolly listening to The Memory Palace podcast. Or something equally nice and soothing and optimistic about the human spirit.

2 Likes

That dude looks like he could drop any one of them with a finger. I think he’s a double-o agent.

8 Likes

15 Likes

Damned fine kebabs, and HOT!

5 Likes

As a wise man once said;
“ If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,…
…Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And - which is more - you’ll be a Man my son!”
There does appear to be only one man in a room otherwise full of primary school children.

10 Likes

See if you can get hold of a copy of this:

13 Likes

With all due respect, you might be thinking way too much about this. Taoism, in the present context, is a poorly-placed tag by whoever at BB put the post elements together. Do some taoists meditate? Yeah. But some also do this:

2 Likes