Watch this harrowing video of a tornado crossing the highway right in front of a woman's car

Originally published at: Watch this harrowing video of a tornado crossing the highway right in front of a woman's car | Boing Boing

By Texas tornado standards that thing is much closer to a dust devil.

8 Likes

Fun fact: If you look at the top of the frame during in the first three seconds of the video, you will see a Polaris ATV flying across the sky. Evidentially it was found a mile down the road.

12 Likes

What caught my eye was the four-wheeler tumbling through the air at 0:02 (and again in the replay at about 0:16). Fortunately, nobody was in it at the time.

Edit: Augh! Ninja’d by @StatusQuo! Great minds think alike, I guess. :wink:

7 Likes

Do we still need more evidence that “self driving” vehicles are not yet road worthy?

Edited for funnier joke. Or is it?

3 Likes

Not bad as a pants-wetting close call.

My all-time favorite, though, was the 1989 case in Alabama where a tornado crossed the road (rush hour bottleneck in Xmas shopping season) and picked up a car to drop it on top of a power substation.

3 Likes

Holy fudge! That gives the footage a scary sense of scale.

4 Likes

Thank goodness for sub-titles. I swear I heard her say “Oh my god… there’s a tomato”**

All I saw was an SUV, and I thought she
a) had very good eyesight
b) suffered from a tomato phobia

(**American tomayto, not a British tomahto).

1 Like

The best part for me is Mrs. Phan’s southern accent.

Obligatory

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.