Watch this head-spinning video of interconnected Olympic acrobatics

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/16/watch-this-head-spinning-video.html

5 Likes

That was actually very well done, to the point I found it a little vertigo inducing at moments.

13 Likes

It definitely made my head spin.

also, it is concatenation (c-o-n-c…)

6 Likes

or save 3 letters and just use catenation

3 Likes

Can save 1 more letter

cat

18 Likes

Yeah, that’s gonna be a no from me dawg.

Portal 3 prototyping is coming along well!

9 Likes

Seizure warning!

1 Like

That there is some pretty acrobatic editing. Wonderful!

2 Likes

Ow, my brain!

1 Like

That was a triumph

I watched a little. Not something I would choose to see. Seems like one of those projects that, sure, you COULD do it, but SHOULD you? People have a lot of time on their hands. In other words, off my lawn.

I liked it :smiley:

The earlier linked one seems like a virtual Rube Goldberg machine, stitched together out of images. Fun!

The new one, about the Olympics/Olympic athletes, gave me a profound sense of human society—the individual and the group being connected, how we are so much alike yet different, how we work individually yet together, and other things that I can’t quite put my finger on and would take someone with better word power than I possess, to describe. I think the video is a great metaphor of the Olympics—individual athletes coming together to create one big event.

[Disclaimer—I say this as someone who has only a little knowledge of the Olympics and isn’t a competitive athlete in any way.]

1 Like

Anyone else feel like puking by the halfway mark?

I am now nauseous.

Cool bit of editing.

By the way, does anyone have a good way to clean up copious amounts of projectile vomit?

Asking for a friend…

Wow look at @anon47741163 behaving like a timetraveler!

From the comments in the (linked in article) article about version one from this video artist/editor:

3 Likes

Wow, this video actually does an incredible job of conveying earth’s gravity and how we fight its pull every day. Kind of like that earth rotation video where the sky is fixed and the ground is moving.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.