Watch this incredible NY pizza parlor brawl that looks like a bar fight you'd see in a movie

That is standard Friday night brawl behaviour in pretty much any provincial English town I was brought up in. Ironically, when I lived in Brooklyn (Flatbush) I was surprised by the lack of violence in my local bar, Lounge 773 on Coney Island Avenue (this is before it burned down), I’m talking late-1990s. I once made this observation to the barman Paul (“You don’t get to call me Pauly. Not until you can count me as a friend.”) and he said: “You know why we don’t get any trouble in here? See over there? He’s packing a piece. See [y]? He’s packing a piece. See [z]? He’s packing a piece. You don’t want to cause trouble in a bar with three drunk guys with guns.”

10 Likes

I’m pretty sure that place might have sold lasagna too.

5 Likes

kitchen utensils such as a pizza paddle

That implement is called a “peel” (except in the large intersection of the baking and kink communities).

( see entry 3 of 6)

7 Likes

Depends how it’s used.

8 Likes

“Startin’ a fight in a Pizza Parlour? That’s a paddlin’.”

39 Likes

When a patron fights a patron in a parlor with a paddle it’s called a “Pizza parlor table ladle lay-down paddle battle.”

45 Likes

Reboinged?

25 Likes

The headline is incorrect: During NY pizza parlor fight, situation comedy sketch breaks out.

3 Likes

I, too, am a little awkward while trying to ease back into socializing.

13 Likes

Yeah, after the epic monkey brawl, this human brawl was a yawn. (Thankfully, I should add.)

5 Likes

Business end of the pizza peel moving at lighting speed in chopping motion, f’ing ouch!

BTW: Resident Flatbush Brooklyn Girl, my Dear Wife said, and I quote, that was definitely Brooklyn and those animals better never try that shit with her.

13 Likes

I mean this most sincerely:

16 Likes

sthwsh

5 Likes

Oh, FFS. Obviously it was all 'cos of one simple word. It was all about one fucking word!

Someone asked for PINEAPPLE on his pizza and it all immediately kicked off.

16 Likes

pinapple on pizza is good

21 Likes

“No, the first rule of Fight Club, nobody better try to order pizza with pineapple in Fight Club!”

Gosh darn it, you beat me to it.

9 Likes

This is like a scene straight out of a Yakuza game.

4 Likes

So what you are saying is that it was justified…

7 Likes

inTheOvenGoodfellas

5 Likes

Had it once. The thought of it makes me nauseous.

1 Like