Watch this news anchor throw a tantrum about her colleague's outfit

I feel like I would hate working with her.

But maybe my line of work isnt as demanding, I’m accustomed to a different decorum.

1 Like

The woman on the right is the best – just wincing the whole time while the other argue.

1 Like

like a fly to a turd

1 Like

“Your top is the same color as mine” is not a professional concern.

Unless Aussies are prone to face blindness and wouldn’t otherwise be able to tell them apart. In which case I apologize to Aussies for my lack of sensitivity.

1 Like

Nor is during a broadcast “a timely manner.”

1 Like

Actually, I thought @ChickieD had an eminently sensible postion on why this was a professional concern:

4 Likes

That would be the guest psychologist.

2 Likes

I don’t have an opinion on any of this - I’m just back to say I love the wincing from the guest psychologist (thanks @Gyrofrog). She’s my new favorite Australian. My old favorite was Crocodile Dundee – it’s been awhile since I’ve had a new favorite Australian.

7 Likes

“Sure, they weren’t live yet, but the Internet doesn’t care.”

So, not during a broadcast, but beforehand. When else is somebody supposed to catch this?

2 Likes

Nobody else? Huh, okay.

3 Likes

who dat?

1 Like

Mad Max Fury Road, the brides of Immortan Joe.

Their dresses started out a little whiter.

2 Likes

Bullshit. The video would have looked “better” if the one in the middle was wearing a different color. But Amber had to wear her white top for whatever reason and she couldn’t bully the guest, so fuck you flunky. You get the jacket.

5 Likes

There’s very little practical reason all three of them can’t be in white. Even from an aesthetic, production design, stand point there isn’t much there. From a framing stand point if you’ve got 3 people, and you don’t want them all in white, its the middle person (Sherlock) who should be in another color. If they were all in the same studio, in the same camera shot. And at least one of them (but not all three) had a much darker skin tone there might be a practical concern.

This is some one pulling rank over minutia. Pure and simple.

4 Likes

She now gets to have a “no shit Sherlock” moment with the bosses

1 Like

“Producers often wish that some presenters cared as much about the content as they do about the colour of their top.”

Yeah, well, that’s kind of universal.

i can’t believe nobody’s said “Christ, what an asshole” yet!

2 Likes

The word “tantrum” is not inherently sexist.

Trump throws tantrums. Bill O’Reilly throws tantrums. 3-year old kids of all genders throw tantrums.

8 Likes

TV is a visual medium, it’s reasonable for the anchor to care about the screen picture. I’d likely think it’s her responsibility to do so.

I was about to point you to another user’s post, regarding who is responsible for what in a television production when I realized this was a duplicate thread.

What the hell, let’s cross the streams:

5 Likes

I felt the idea that all of them wearing white was not a big deal, coming from some of those that worked in the industry was fairly rational, but carry whatever opinion you want.

5 Likes