Watch this preacher speak in tongues while he checks his phone

6 Likes

Even with Jesus right next to you, you need to keep an eye on your Fetlife inbox.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh haliluliah.”

4 Likes

I mean, technically he is speaking English every time he checks his phone. Or moaning in English - “Uhhhhhhhhhn. Ummmmmmmm.”

He only “speaks in tongues” when he puts his phone down. I wonder if the 4G interferes with his language processing when the phone is too close to his head…

2 Likes

Sorta beat me to it. I was gonna say it seemed even phoning it in seemed too bothersome to manage.

3 Likes

He’s able to do this cause the words are not actually coming from his mouth but flying out his ass.

3 Likes

Why does he get olive oil at 1:05?

2 Likes

Of course, you don’t get real glossolalia except from the Klingon Pentecostals.

My attempts at glossolalia sound more like Black Speech.

2 Likes

urgent messages / message of urgency

The body of Christ is a little dry after 1,984 years?

(Yes, I know it’s the wrong denomination. Work with me, people.)

2 Likes

A little olive oil, and it’s an Immaculate Confection?

3 Likes

The Bread is risen!

3 Likes

One person’s “speaking in tongues” is another person’s “babbling bullshit”.

Google Translate comes in handy when you’re texting in tongues.

1 Like

He seems like an improvement

Generally speaking, those people who don’t find this sort of thing bewildering, don’t just have the right to vote, but their vote carries greater power to elect our leadership than yours does.

Wouldn’t a preacher know that the 10 commandments came on tablets, not phones?

4 Likes

For some reason it’s important to me that everyone understands: this guy operates in Cleveland, Tennessee.

Which as far as I’m concerned is not the True Cleveland, which is Cleveland, Ohio, which is the place people think of when you say “Cleveland.”

rim shot!

A favorite glossolalia remix; Throatsinging by Blaine L. Raininger from the album Glossolalia. You wouldn’t think this works well with violin, but here it is.