Christian Nationalist "prophet" leads thousands to pray in tongues to prevent Trump's arrest

Originally published at: Christian Nationalist "prophet" leads thousands to pray in tongues to prevent Trump's arrest | Boing Boing

8 Likes

I hope that this isn’t gatekeeping glossolalia; but this guy just didn’t seem very into it.

There are the ones who start up the speaking-in tongues and it’s just plain chilling; distinct from but in the same really uncomfortable area, as the stuff you get from fairly severe neurological and psychatric disturbances.

This guy moved to nonsense syllables partway through; but the crisp, deliberate, pace and crisp articulation didn’t even twitch. Not feeling it.

19 Likes

… it all seemed like nonsense to me :confused:

13 Likes

Speaking in tongues seems appropriate, considering the literacy level of our former Convict in Chief.

11 Likes

It’s working so far.

7 Likes

Made as much sense to me as any of TFG’s speeches.

6 Likes

Wait,

that you will cause your hand to come upon his head, you will cover his ears so that he only hears what you are saying. Your hand will be in his heart so that he only feels what you want him to feel.

So their god has four hands?

11 Likes

34 Likes

Centre forward for Paris Saint Germain.

Goalkeeper for AC Milan.

/s

35 Likes

Yeah, that’s the same grifter “dialect” as Paula White.

10 Likes

ETA:

12 Likes
16 Likes

This is the lamest speaking in tongues I’ve yet heard. Way to half-arse that one. One-and-two-and-three-and-four!

13 Likes

YABBA DABBA DOOOO

17 Likes

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves."

Matthew 7:15

18 Likes

I hope it works equally as well as their thoughts and prayers for victims of gun violence.

11 Likes
13 Likes

That’s very multicultural of him:
Maybe this is what he had in mind

7 Likes

Mana mnop.

3 Likes

BA(DA)BALOO…

He could raise Desi Arnaz from the grave and have him sing this part. Close enough

6 Likes