Watch this preacher speak in tongues while he checks his phone

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/03/watch-this-preacher-speak-in-t.html

3 Likes

Acting!

13 Likes

Maybe he’s trying to talk to Comcast tech support in their own language?

26 Likes

“Can you hear me now Lord?”

17 Likes

The spirits and bogus preachers use android phones. Better monthly rates from their spiritual service provider.

6 Likes
9 Likes

He’s really phoning it in.

37 Likes

Well, look. . . this is the only time he has the power to speak in “ancient Sumerian”, he figured he may as well call someone in ancient Sumer so they could discuss fantasy football and that new Star Trek: Picard series that’s coming out.

[ETA: I used to work with this guy who mentioned once that his mother could speak several different languages, and at first we were all impressed. Then he said “but she only speaks them in church” and we all rolled our eyes. It would have been a good joke on his part if he weren’t being 100% serious.]

16 Likes

d340db8be957631cbb238fb4e4e10155

11 Likes

What’s up with the olive oil and the guy bussing the table? A lunch meeting seems kind of disrespectful for someone of the Lord’s seniority. Add in the phubbing and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the Lord decided to send Mr. Stone’s contract… south of the border, so to speak.

6 Likes
1 Like

“if u can get a break from ur grifting don’t forget to pick up milk on the way home. <3 Jeezus”

12 Likes

What were the 10 Commandments but texts from God? He was just checking to make sure he didn’t miss receiving the 11th.

2 Likes

i was thinking maybe he was killing two birds with one stone, and calling ancient sumerians to ask them to update their car insurance.

5 Likes

I tend to notice background details for these kind of videos since I pretty much already know what it’s going to show in the foreground, and this was exactly what caught my attention. What really had me scratching my head was why it was taken away and then replaced by the dude with inked up arms.

At least his water was cold. And he had a whiteboard.

2 Likes

The whiteboard is for when you’re saying Car̃a mo shar̃a dondar̃a ba shakar̃a ba mon da diddiassa and you can’t remember the declension of dondar̃a. I mean, it seems simple enough to us, but not everyone is blessed with a gift for languages.

I’m less sure about the olive oil. Maybe it’s for his hair?

5 Likes

He’s doing Fiery Preacher Prayer Speak. I don’t think Tongues has any English words in it.

2 Likes

LOL when he loses his concentration at multi-tasking and starts in with the uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…hallelujah.

12 Likes

Seems legit. Where do I send my money?

7 Likes

Good Lord - that needs an NSFW tag.