Watch this ridiculous football punt ricochet off a player's butt yesterday, a first time in the NFL

Originally published at: Watch this ridiculous football punt ricochet off a player's butt yesterday, a first time in the NFL | Boing Boing

5 Likes
8 Likes

I don’t know if I would have called the Bills receiver “wide open”, but yeah I don’t really blame the OC for “losing his shit”, it was baffling how badly they botched the 3rd and 4th down plays.

3 Likes

That blocker was a real buttinsky.

6 Likes

I’m glad he included the Jets butt fumble, which is really the most hilarious play I’d ever seen in my many decades of watching football (before I finally gave up the sport and freed up my Sundays). It’s always better, though, with the Benny Hill theme playing.

4 Likes

Indeed, a real Butkus.

4 Likes

Chuck Tingle novelization in 3…2…1…

7 Likes

Meh. Call me when there’s a butt punt where the ball ricochets back at the punter and wedges into his facemask.

3 Likes

Advice from Chickens

Humor Boomer GIF

4 Likes

Pounded in the butt by an unexpected pig-skin?

I expected the ball to end up going through the Bill’s uprights.

3 Likes

This would fit nicely in “Odd Stuff”.

Does it have to be a thread?

1 Like

Yes, that ball did bounce off that butt real good, didn’t it? The amount of Sturm und Drang surrounding a bunch of beefy guys playing with a ball is always amusing to me. Like, that guy threw a literal tantrum because that other guy didn’t throw the ball right. It’s all so silly.

3 Likes

It nearly did! Maybe 5 or 6 feet off.

2 Likes

I guess that, when living under Capitalism, everything that can be commodified becomes important; more so when big bucks are involved. The damage to the players, and the damage to the American Education System are both ignored as long as the bills get paid. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

That would have been fucking epic :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Yup sure is a bit silly how invested people get in their personal hobbies and interests. But I personally don’t begrudge those folks any more than I do the people who get real worked up about video games, or comic books or any number of other fandoms. Except for the people who are getting worked up for racist/sexist/etc reasons, fuck those people.

2 Likes

A cacophony of fuckups.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.