Watch this shouty 10-year-old street preacher get suspended from elementary school (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/28/watch-this-shouty-10-year-old-street-preacher-get-suspended-from-elementary-school-video.html

3 Likes

That’s quite a coincidence. I just found out a couple weeks ago that this soundbite from :34 seconds in:

Was used in My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult’s - Do you Fear For Your Child at 29 seconds in.

Or 73 seconds in for the live version from Confessions of a Knife.

12 Likes

This kid is painful to watch, in reference to the video, not just because of the message he is trying to deliver, but the delivery itself. I wish someone could have effectively intervened to help him calm down and get his point across better in a much more non-judgmental way.

And on Oprah, of course.

5 Likes

Came here for this. :laughing: Didn’t know until watching the clip in the story just now that this is where the sample was from. For the past 30 years I figured it was from some Zelda Rubinstein role I’d never heard of.

6 Likes

That’s literally in the post.

ETA: Also, speculating that a child in a video that’s almost 40 years old had some kind of mental illness is completely inappropriate and against the rules here.

9 Likes

too bad the kid had to get stupid on campus. otherwise, he has my full support even though i find street preaching offensive.

I came here to post this… Do You Fear For Your Child? by My Life With The THRILL KILL KULT I was like where have I heard that bit before.

3 Likes

It’s also on the 2024 repress of the Kooler Than Jesus EP (in case someone wants a funky fresh copy)

2 Likes

A 2023 article in the Asheville Citizen-Times mentions Stode,

Er - according to that link, it is from 2003.

I do love finding industrial samples in the wild. Especially TKK.

A few years ago, I finally found out the source of several of their samples is from this radio documentary, A Child Again.The flower used on the label was also used in album art.

It’s cued up to probably the most well known sample.

Oh, so it is. My GF got me the RSD copy recently but I don’t have a player so it’s just nice to have.

4 Likes

Lotsa Day of the Dead samples in Confessions of a Knife, too, IIRC. I got a kick out of independently figuring those out.

3 Likes

She’s possibly hinting you should get a record deck, which is kind of skibidi

3 Likes

I don’t know why this is called ‘preaching’. Preaching should be about persuading and informing (however much anyone disagrees that any of it is ‘informative’ or not), shouldn’t it? But this is pure ranting, harrying and intimidation.
Telling people they are wh0re-mongers and going to hell is never going to persuade anyone.

6 Likes

Yep. The parents must have been lovely people

/s

5 Likes

I’m guessing street preacher Dad was equally unrestrained.

2 Likes

A Gramophone surely?

2 Likes

Sounds like a job at Wendy’s at 16 helped him escape his terrible parents.

3 Likes

D’yer want a paper bag over your head? Yes please!

A timeless classic.

2 Likes

I so wanted that dude to become the front man singer for his roommate’s punk band ….

Maybe the roommate did as well?

I have seen a lot of punk shows … and that is type of energy you want! … back that up with a heavy drum and catchy guitar :guitar: lick … and damn folks we got a band!