Watch this teacher school EPA Scott Pruitt at a restaurant

When it comes to dining out, the only just deserts for officials of this regime are no desserts.

Related:

No, Alan, if you’re a high-profile enabler of a corrupt “president” who also sets up peacetime internment camps and separates children from their parents you don’t get to leave your politics at the door or claim that you’re a neutral actor.

19 Likes

If I were a Trump official, I’d be awfully careful about ordering Mexican food…

4 Likes

Or from any place where the food isn’t strictly continental.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Yeah, he’s been so blatantly corrupt his entire career, and gotten away with it. Granted, he’s gotten worse now that he’s got a position that allows him to be so, but he’s just continuing a long-standing pattern of behavior. This is normal for him. He should have been in jail a long time ago, and this administration is really demonstrating the necessity of making examples of corrupt officials.

I find it hilarious that the right thinks that “people don’t want to be around me because they think I’m an asshole” is somehow a legitimate grievance showing how persecuted they are.

12 Likes

I think we should make a list of corporate… Sorry I mean public servernts who ate no longer welcome in our ranks.

8 Likes

No Justice, No Quiche

12 Likes

I had skipped looking at this video when it first came out because I was like, okay another person just being a smart-ass with a politician

But I finally saw it and WOW, this woman is amazing.

And go watch some of her interviews since, even more amazing.

Anyone can be “fierce” but she is REALLY well educated and really well spoken. I could not have done what she did.

Really glad people like her are teachers and hope she still has a union to protect her job because you know she is going to be attacked hard when she goes back after the summer (if not already).

BTW, Pruitt had security sitting at the table next to him. Not only is that ridiculous (and taxpayers are paying for it) but apparently they just let her go at it anyway, which shows you the loyalty they feel to him, lol

10 Likes

Pruitt’s thinking:

"The *one* time I slum it with the unwashed masses, instead with my customary cohort of wealthy, white, corporate males..."

But for every confrontation he endures like this one with sensible persons, I’m sure he gets a lot of tribalistic affirmations from the Right to “continue to pwn the Libs”.

6 Likes

Trump reportedly replied: No, sorry Scottie, you’re still more heinously anti-environment than you are anti-justice. Close! but I think I have you in the right place.

4 Likes

Why would he resign? Trump won’t fire him for any scandal. Destroying the EPA is his job #1.

1 Like

I would buy this woman dinner for the rest of the year for both her and her child away from Pruitt if I could afford it.

God bless this magnificent woman. She has more balls and integrity than most!

The only hope I have is that Pruitt contracts gaseous gangrene of the anus, and spreads it to the entire cabinet in a board meeting. That waste of cells is an affront to human feces.

2 Likes

Now he’s got another excuse for ‘having’ to choose high end restaurants - he van’t mixed with the Americal people who are threatening him by giving him facts.

1 Like

Tit for tat is a stable strategy.

In what sense is publicly confronting a supposed public servant for his epic level of corruption and active hostility toward his own department’s stated mission a “tit for tat” strategy?

6 Likes

What better way to destroy the EPA than to combine it with the Justice Department, since they’re looking to downsize the entire federal government anyway! Problem solved! Destroy TWO critical institutions in one blow!

2 Likes

This woman is doing precisely what a good citizen SHOULD do, which is to talk rationally to a public official about her concerns with what he’s doing in his job. These people work for us, and telling them how you feel about their job performance isn’t tit for tat, it’s good citizenship.

8 Likes

Well us liberals should just accept what the Trump administration is doing, or we’re worse than Nazis, don’t ya know? /s

3 Likes

Hum, snark with teeth. Color me pleased.