Watch this toilet paper mutate into something unrecognizable

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/27/watch-this-toilet-paper-roll-m.html

5 Likes

You see that smoke? Don’t breathe that, that’s demon smoke.

11 Likes

“It’s evil, don’t touch it!”

9 Likes

Cellulose is a glucose polymer, so it’s no surprise this looks a lot like what happens when you pour sulfuric acid on sugar.

6 Likes

Chemistry can make a mess of how you see the world. This is one of those cases. Wait a second, I’m basically wiping my ass with highly refined sugar. The American diet is getting me at both ends!

6 Likes

“Unrecognizable”? That’s Dave, isn’t it?

I wonder what the gas is that’s being emitted from the paper.

Too late for Karen!

2 Likes

Harmin’ Toilet Paper.

3 Likes

“This is your Democracy. This is Trump added to your Democracy. Any questions?”

7 Likes

Possible solution? Bidet for President!

3 Likes

Anything that clears the shit away rather than adding to it has my vote.

2 Likes

They also look like burned marshmallows!

1 Like

Vote often! Also combine red mud waste and cellulose crystals (tumicin) like in 10.1021@acssuschemeng.8b01244 or 10.1016@j.matdes.2018.08.031 for a nice aerogel or pine panel that’s been expanded to closer to aerogel spec. That’s sorta using waste to make good? The pine one’s springy instead of brittle. Think it’ll work with osage orange and the ‘oranges’ (…and the solvent recovery cabinet or whatever its called, I imagine?)

3 Likes

Not that impressive there is still some usable paper there.

How about if people stop pouring hazardous materials onto stuff that pointlessly ends up in a landfill? A potentially unreacted portion of it might come in contact with a sanitation worker, who probably prefers going home with all 10 fingers every night.

1 Like

You think THAT’S bad…

“Don’t breathe the Harmin!”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.