Watch this unintentionally hilarious "Kids And The Occult" VHS tape

Originally published at: Watch this unintentionally hilarious "Kids And The Occult" VHS tape | Boing Boing

1 Like

Funny that where ever you were born geographically or whatever god your parents happen to worship winds up being the religion/cult you follow.

3 Likes

But only MINE is the correct one

5 Likes

Pray for me…

1 Like

Another of these fine gentlemen who loves Israel, but hates Jews.

5 Likes

If you believe Jesus has magic powers then it follows that Satan must also have magic powers, and what is supposed to be about following a moral code to make the world better for all humans is really just a battle between two wizards, and we choose which team we want to be on.

In that sense trying to scare kids away from the occult is a losing battle. There are no magic powers on either side, acting like there are only makes “Satanism” more appealing.

We live and we die, and what matters is helping the poor and sick, and not being selfish and greedy.

3 Likes

based religion

Huh, the “comment” button just refreshes the main article, doesn’t send you here. How can that get fixed?

Are moral panics as common in the rest of the world or is their prevalence in the US unique?

I’ve run into that before when accessing the mobile version of the site, but I just tried both desktop and mobile and had no issue with the comments button. I don’t know how this site is hosted, but there could be an issue with a specific instance of the site and it is luck of the draw based on a load balancer if you end up with a version of it with a broken comments button.

Alert @orenwolf for such issues.

It’s not at all chilling when a law enforcement guy starts talking about “covert warfare” against imaginary “occult” forces… and then further goes on to make the label so expansive that everything but his own specific Christian culture fits into it. Where any non-Christian belief becomes a “gateway” to believing other, unrelated things (so even innocuous beliefs become “dangerous”). But it doesn’t even have to be an actual belief, either. Teeth represent a belief system. Circles, too.

This would be funnier if this kind of nonsense had gone away, but it’s just mutated into something that requires no proof at all, no connection whatsoever to reality.

Although, LOL at “What you are viewing is not a Hollywood scene” followed by what is clearly part of a movie. It’d be interesting to know what the reality was, behind his delusional statements. What movies he’s showing scenes from, what the reality was in criminal cases he mentions/alludes to. What the actual beliefs are of the groups he mentions (there’s a lot of “this group believes this… now here’s some other beliefs that I’m going to imply are shared by that group without saying it” nonsense), how many such groups actually existed (if any).

Ttrpg Zombieorpheus GIF by zoefannet

They don’t have to pray for you: you’re already a genuine and authorised Pope, and should be treated right good forever.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.