Watch this video of the siege of the Capitol

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/07/watch-this-video-of-the-siege-of-the-capitol.html

3 Likes

Why were the Capitol Police so gentle with Trump’s thugs, when they were eager to shoot rubber bullets at and beat racial injustice protestors last summer?

I’ve got your answer white here…

16 Likes

I watched the coverage on the French international broadcast, and they were quick to point out how thick the National Guard troops were during a BLM protest at the Lincoln Memorial.

8 Likes

The thing is, if you are mean to the rioters, they are less likely to pose with you for selfies.

6 Likes

37 Likes

I’m bracing myself of some kind of blanket pardon for everyone involved.

4 Likes

It’s amazing - in the various videos, you can see the rioters attack the police with fists, clubs and pepper spray. (Not to mention the weapons some were carrying.) Yet I’m still seeing police officers from various parts of the country describe them as “non-violent.” I’m just imagining how BLM protestors trying the same shit would be treated. Besides a lot of them being shot, I mean.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.