Watch toxic Sen. John Kennedy play dumb as he insinuates Soviet-born Biden pick is communist

31 Likes

I realize that it is naive of me to wonder how a grown adult can say the things that Kennedy said in these clips. I should be used to the depths to which politicians can sink by now, but it still amazes me that they can be incapable of experiencing shame when they knowingly lie and act hypocritically.

I can remember every single time that I have acted dishonestly during my adulthood, and I consider it a priority to not disappoint myself in that way again. I’ll never understand how people can get rewarded for it, revel in dishonesty with no remorse, and still consider themselves good people.

23 Likes
12 Likes

Given where he was born, I don’t know whether to call Sen Kennedy an enslaver or a Klan member. I hope he can clarify this. /s

28 Likes

Putin is a former KGB agent.

All republicans are dishonest liars

14 Likes

Same name but no relation.

Which seems to be a move from the Putin playbook. Russia: Opposition politician Boris Vishnevsky says two lookalikes with same name as him running in St Petersburg election in bid to confuse voters | World News | Sky News

15 Likes

Quite a lot of my millenial friends unironically like communism. Myself included. As long as we’re not talking about communism with a state

10 Likes

It looks like you accidentally put a sarcasm signifier at the end of your perfectly cromulent statement.

9 Likes

Its nice to see Foghorn Leghorn still gets work…

5 Likes

Of course not, comrade. That is our goal. However, the task of preparing the nation for the communist utopiia that follows is a long and arduous one, and requires a strong, centralized bureaucracy. It requires heroes liike you, who can imbue Labor Camp #4547 with a sense of real purrpose and dedication.

3 Likes

Elizabeth Warren to Omarova on the reason Kennedy was attacking her:

“I know that the giant banks object to your willingness to enforce the law to keep our system safe and that you may cut into big bank profits, so they and their Republican buddies have declared war on you,” Warren said.

“The attacks on your nomination have been vicious and personal,” she added. “Sexism, racism, pages straight out of Joe McCarthy’s 1950s Red Scare tactics … Welcome to Washington in 2021.”

31 Likes

Senator, I don’t know whether to call you Dumbass or Dipshit.

14 Likes

Schrödinger’s Reds. Russians are only communists when Republicans aren’t directly observing them in their meeting rooms, offices, condo buildings, etc.

13 Likes

Like Senator Kennedy did. On the 4th of July.

11 Likes

He’s not trolling. He really believes she’s a communist plant.

5 Likes

I really don’t know. John Kennedy is both an idiot and a craven cynic that will say anything. He has gone so far off the rails since 2016 that I have know idea to what extent this shit is cynical political theater or the ramblings of a true believer of the Qult. Like Ted Cruz and others, he walks that line so consistently that it doesn’t matter. He’s working against the country either way

13 Likes

My general point is that we really do need to take these people at their word. The more we still pretend like this is just “tr0lling” or a “joke”, the more they’re going to keep getting away with.

12 Likes

I grant that there are conservatives out there who really do believe in communist plants, but as I see it anyone like him who switched parties when it was convenient for their ambitions, doesn’t really believe anything. I don’t think he’s making a joke, I think “pwning the libs” is the real aim of the GQP now, it’s about hurting others for the sake of hurting, and that’s deadly serious-- his asinine bullying will be shared with glee among the GQP faithful regardless of her logical retort. Reminding whatever rational Republican voters remain that jerks like him aren’t really interested in governing, just holding onto power, is as valid as any other tactic.

3 Likes

Mr. Kennedy, are you still a member of the Cub Scouts? Huh? What do mean you “aged out”? Did you or did you not send the Cub Scouts a formal resignation letter?

11 Likes

It hardly matters what his “real” agenda is or what’s in his heart… what matters is the impact this sort of rhetoric actually has. I’d argue that saying that they’re “tr0lling” makes people not take it seriously and we really do need to be doing that. So, we should take them at their word when they say shit like this and take it seriously rather than dismissing it. That dismissal is how we got where we are right now…

9 Likes