Watch: Trump judicial nominee can't answer a single question properly at hearing

The way 45 keeps getting sued maybe their main qualification is not to ever show up for work.

1 Like

I know this one! It’s the big blood bag in the middle of the, um… chestal area.

Do I get the job?

8 Likes

Well the ostensible idea behind the lifetime appointment is to insulate you from politics so that you can be impartial in that sense. Being against the issue of the day won’t cost you your seat in 4 years. The problem is that appointing judges is inherently political.

7 Likes

I think we have a candidate for Trump’s new Surgeon General right here!

3 Likes

[quote]The ABA’s “qualified” ranking undermines its credibility and reveals its deference to power and position.

I have almost nothing bad to say about Matthew Spencer Petersen. But I have nothing good to say about the people who nominated and supported him.[/quote]

12 Likes

This is incredibly embarrassing. It makes me wonder if this is an example of a sliding standard of competency the USA is experiencing.

Damn, I can’t allow this to continue, especially where I might have some control. I’m going home tonight and instituting a new family tradition for the kids: Friday Night Math and Other Homework in Front of the Fire.

2 Likes

Tabula rasa, you might even call it.”

5 Likes

The GOP practice of refusing to review Democratically selected judges, and supreme court justices is a undermining of our democracy. This shit can not stand - we have to find a way to undo this shit when the tide turns. We should go one better than the GOP - outlaw their party and break them up.

6 Likes

“Do you know what a motion in limine is?”
"My background is not in litigation. I haven’t had to do a deep dive.

I’m going to sue him for fucking up my country. Happily, all my evidence will be admitted since he doesn’t know how to keep it out.

5 Likes

19 Likes

Stealing that one.

5 Likes

they’re trying to destroy the very notion of professionalism and expertise.

9 Likes

Twitter is saying the idiot questioning the idiot voted to approve the idiot.

1 Like

Way to go USA

1 Like
1 Like

‘Relentless badgering’?

Are you for real?

A fucking five minute interview for multiple appointees for a lifetime position?

Get a fucking clue.

5 Likes

“Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.”

2 Likes

Apparently my snark was wasted on someone.

That’s more snark, btw.

1 Like

Sorry, Poe’s law, and I didn’t have the time to check your comment history.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.