Watch: U.S. Senate debate smackdown in Georgia

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/29/watch-u-s-senate-debate-smackdown-in-georgia.html

12 Likes

Damned by his own voting record. It’s good to bring that up so concisely.

40 Likes

32 Likes

Itt is remarkable how much has changed since 2010 or so, when Republicans did their damndest to tie Democrats to Obamacare, and spineless Democrats ran away from it. Now it’s a hell of a cudgel in Democrats’ hands, and clearly the only thing that moves the needle in a good number of folks’ concerns about the Supreme Court.

23 Likes

You can see his old grey brain breaking through his eyes.

8 Likes

But I really did want to see what he said in response to “why senator?” - I wanted to see how much of a shit he really is. Clip ended too soon.

9 Likes

And then he turned to the camera and addressed the audience - “So why on earth would you vote for this again???”

I can only imagine at least a good chunk of the constituents thoughts (you’re too young, sassy liberal know it all, you think you know me? blah blah…)

i hope this dude wins bigtime

9 Likes

If you watch closely you can see Perdue fill his Depends.

4 Likes
11 Likes

There’s a full clip in the Twitter replies. Check it out.

I am not a Twitter user.

2 Likes

I’ve watched this clip a few times now.

Ossoff already reads like a kid who grew up watching to many West Wing reruns on Bravo. But this may be the most perfectly executed Sam Seaborn hit in history.

4 Likes

seems like a pretty good lead-in for just about any debate question this year. i wish Joe had said “It’s not just that you’re a crook, Mr. President…”

5 Likes

He was thinking, "Calgon…take me away!"

4 Likes

10 Likes

For people who want more, and have access (I don’t), here’s the C-SPAN link.

2 Likes

Whenever I see Carson’s “deep concern for America’s plight” facial expressions, that puckered brow, those Bassett Hound eyes, I wonder if he suffers from Crohn’s Disease. I am certain that A, if I owned a television and B, if I was dumb enough to watch Carson, I would soon suffer from the same type of symptoms. How can that clown keep from cracking up when he puts on his act?

1 Like

I read Perdue’s split-screen face as sloughing off sheets of flop-sweat guilt, as he knows he’s being taken behind the truth shed for a whuppin. Perdue is one of my current senators, and I sincerely hope Ossoff cleans his clock on Nov. 3.

3 Likes

Roger that!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.