Watch: Water spout surprises couple when it turns into a tornado

On the next episode of Francis the Tornado Wannabe

Francis: Booyah! Nerd rage for teh win!

Onlookers: What the #*?!

Francis: Fine, I’m leaving! (Shrugs, throws papers in the air, and saunters off …)

giphy

Gjggyjyg

Fun fact: vertical video can turn a water spout into a tornado.

4 Likes

You saw it too!

1 Like

my dad would stand outside to watch where the doodlebugs where heading cause it’s useless knowing there not heading for you but some other poor soul

Holy hell, what I’m seeing is unbelievable. Vertical video was the CORRECT CHOICE, for this situation dammit!

2 Likes

Modern cameras and solid-state memory mean that footage is more likely to survive even when the photographer didn’t. Back in the day, anything that killed you would probably destroy the film as well.
The other side of it is that pretty much everyone has a camera in their pocket now, so the idiots who stand outside and watch the tornado coming towards them will also have video footage, whereas a hundred years ago, they’d just have a cool story to lie about in the bar.

2 Likes

I dunno, depends on the camera and what killed the photographer. They made some pretty robust SLRs that I imagine could take a beating and survive that may kill a person. Especially if its things like war where bullets and shrapnel are random and sporadic.

I know some of the famous photos of Mt St Helens erupting killed the photographer who had set it up to take pics, triggered by the eruption. But IIRC that was a special camera.

1 Like

He’s talking about this thing as if he was watching the Weather Channel from 3000 miles away.

Darwin is disappointed in the outcome.

1 Like

Typhoon, to you.

1 Like

“Vancouver, Vancouver, this is it!”

Not a terrible death, all things considered. I doubt any of OUR last words will be being quoted 40 years after the fact.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.