Watch what happened to the lion who was surrounded by 20 hyenas

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/11/26/watch-what-happened-to-the-lio.html

4 Likes

Good strategy of sitting to protect his hind legs. The hyenas can’t get the bone-crusher jaws into play on them, and the front end of the lion is well-defended.

3 Likes

The affection was real and palatable. It’s why I love cats.

12 Likes

TL;DW - Bro power saved the day.

8 Likes

Fuck this video. And fuck the previous one too. No fucking way I was watching it if there was a chance to see a lion taken apart by 20 hyenas, nor this one where there’s a chance to see the hyenas asking for the Grey fucking Poupon, dabbing the corners of their mouths with linen, sipping claret and belching.

Previous comments give almost enough info to make it watchable. For those who need more, here’s the partial spoiler you’re looking for: The lion does OK.

9 Likes

Uh, yeah, “hind legs”–that’s what he was sitting on, to keep out of bone-crushing jaws…

5 Likes

Those hyenas brought back memories of my first round of in laws, horrifying.

14 Likes

I figured he’d have back up. That’s when you know who your friends are.

3 Likes

omg the end had me in tears.

5 Likes

You’ve got a friend! (Note feline)

3 Likes

the monkeys in india seemed to throw all the cards out

I literally could not watch this video (or its incomplete predecessor) until I read your comment :smiley_cat:

1 Like

It’s just like the end of Daredevil Season 2, where the Punisher arrives just in time to lend a hand. By which I mean he shot all of the bad guy’s henchmen leaving DD free to handle the main guy. Sorta like that.

A male lion can break the back of a hyena with the correct swipe. Female lioness , as told, can not.

No citation, use the googles.

Came here for the summary, got it.
I try and avoid watching such videos, I feel bad for both parties :confused: But 2 consecutive days of posting got me curious enough

And there was Rocketman, trying to get out, and here comes the cliff, and just before the car went off the cliff, he jumped free! And all the kids cheered! But I didn’t cheer. I stood right up and started shouting. This isn’t what happened last week! Have you all got amnesia? They just cheated us! This isn’t fair! HE DID’NT GET OUT OF THE COCK - A - DOODIE CAR!

1 Like

I got that reaction from my big boy cat after I showed up at a fight he’d picked with a pack of raccoons… similar noises… higher octave… :slightly_smiling_face: Cat are great buddies.

1 Like

That ending was what I needed today.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.