Watch what happens when man brings accordion on Ryanair flight

Tangentially accordion related

Won’t anyone think of the children? Specifically the boy at the end just waiting for the blocked aisle to clear so he can get to the loo?

3 Likes

I like some accordion music. I do not want to hear an impromptu recitation of any live instruments in the narrow, cramped confines of an airplane in the middle of boarding…

If the problem was the size of the thing relative to overhead storage, that’s a cut and dried situation. It is or it isn’t. Unless that was the first time in his entire life the accordion guy had ever even seen an airplane, he knew or should have known there are restrictions.

Even if he normally traveled in "live goats are OK’ class on some seriously backwater airline this would still be the case.

I’d be more sympathetic to your claim if the accordionist hadn’t busted out an Irish tune.

3 Likes

What does that mean, though, “accordion music”? Do you just mean the genres of music (such as polkas) that are typically played on them? It’s like saying you hate guitar music when you mean country and western or something.

5 Likes

This is Ryanair. They beat all their customers up.

1 Like

That’s the kind of crazy Irish things I love. A bit like Irish supporters in France for the Euro 2016.

1 Like

Cabbije rolls und koffee

mm mm good!

1 Like

NO! Only the customers who drink Stout ice cold.

1 Like

i LOVE TDA. they were so fun. i even had clyde autograph one of their shirts for me. i love accordions! why doesn’t this ever happen on flights i’m on? i always get booked on the flights with the crying babies. : (

I play D&D with Clyde’s nephew. :slight_smile: Or at least, one of his nephews; don’t know if he had more. He’s missed, though; he was definitely a star in the accordion firmament.

Thank you for flying RyanAir! Your itemized receipt is attached to this e-mail.

Ticket......................£ 104
Seat charge.................£  30
Airport surcharge...........£  20
Security levy...............£  44
Carry-on fee................£  15
VAT.........................£  41
Seat recline................£  10
Flight attendant use........£  10
Instrument handling.........£  20
Performance license.........£  38
In-flight entertainment.....£  15
Busking permit..............£  80
Accordion penalty...........£ 100
Enhanced penalty for chromatic
    accordion...............£  50
Itemized receipt fee........£  20
Attachment costs............£  15

YOUR SUBTOTAL...............£ 612
Subtotalling fee............£  10

TOTAL.......................£ 622
23 Likes

The plane was met on the tarmac by a police SWAT team armed with bagpipes.

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/80/80aaccordian.phtml

10 Likes

i am also inclined to believe this.

if you’ve ever sat in an ryanair or aer lingus seat you’ll know that this was the gougiest part of your bill. even in the video you can see they are practically folding chairs with covers crammed even closer together then US coach class.

2 Likes

#notallflightstewards #allflightsmatter

1 Like

Let’s keep it going!

Q) What’s the difference between a pizza and an accordionist?
A) A pizza can feed a family of four.

Oh Danny Boy…

6 Likes

I’d agree it’s probably staged (which usually makes me cringe) but… it’s timely, clever, and done in warm spirits. Made me smile. I’ll defer to a pro, though:

15 Likes

FYI, this reads as more than a little racist.

4 Likes

You’re over-thinking it, again.

An English tune please. Ewan MacColl was born in Salford to Scottish parents.

3 Likes