Watch: When gentleman grabs topless woman's breast at a music festival she clobbers him

Wow, that link was worth it. Thanks, I guess? Ugh.

1 Like

Full disclosure, I found the indeed very informative article while looking for this picture to illustrate my comment:

Lisa Goldman’s article, which is linked in the piece I linked above, is also an eye-opener.

3 Likes

In that case, I think it’s more ethical and more good is accomplished to demonstrate that just because a woman is topless, it doesn’t give you the right to grope her breasts. There’s also the message that you shouldn’t be a doormat if it happens to you, anyway.

Conversely, I think saying discussions about breasts are always titillating (no pun intended) inadvertently leads to people thinking that it’s open season on bared breasts in public because we’re all too ashamed as a society to even discuss what’s right or wrong about it (or heaven forbid, someone might make some ad revenue on their online publication by bringing it up when it makes the news).

1 Like

If she gets a replacement drink provided by the festival for free, then she at least wouldn’t have wasted any money.

As an aside, some YouTube comments were denigrating her breasts. I, for one, think they look pretty nice.

Kicking the a-hole could’ve left the woman off balance, better to just clock him, but you gotta know how to follow through on the punch to make it count. It appears this young woman never learned how. Perhaps her best option would’ve been an ear-boxing.

5 Likes

Well of course, if she doesn’t politely let anyone grope her boobs after she’s bared them, she must be an ugly bitch.

7 Likes

I’m thoroughly relieved to read this whole thread without finding any “violence is never acceptable” comments. Pouring a slushy and hitting him a few times is a 100% acceptable level of violence in response to that moron’s behaviour.

I think the odds that this makes him less of a dick in the future are somewhat low. From his perspective this is pretty schoolyard. From a story-to-tell-his-buddies perspective he might even find it preferable that he suffered a consequence.

But fuck him. I see the point of the revenge as making the woman who was assaulted feel better, more empowered and less victimized. I hope that’s what came of this.

9 Likes

Couldn’t we say that about pretty much all the predators that people whispered about for years that no men actually stepped forward about. @Mister44 isn’t entirely off the mark with his bros before hoes" joke.

5 Likes

cumberbatch-constipated

2 Likes

Oh yes, when someone grabs you in public inappropriately, the obvious and correct reaction is to ignore them… /s

8 Likes

You’re not allowed to say that, because rape culture.

Anyway, it’s a potato quality video, but it looks like she has pasties on.

This exactly. As long as there are assaulting asshats (be they dudebros grabbing a boob, or ACTUAL FUCKING NEO-NAZIS RALLYING FOR RACIAL EXTERMINATION!), there’s unfortunately a degree of violence necessary to fight them.

In an ideal world where every human can be redeemed and see the error of their ways, then yes, there would be no need for violence, and violence would be inappropriate. However, in a world run by a fairly stupid and violent species of great ape…

3 Likes

Gentleman is code here for “asshole”.

(Oops looks like @GulliverFoyle beat me to it.)

5 Likes

Dude, youtube commenters are harsh like that to goddamned Supermodels. There’s always something wrong with a woman’s appearance when they decide they want to take her down a peg for some reason or another.

I for one subscribe to the, “I’m an adult in control of my faculties and nudity doesn’t equal sexuality”. Even if the gal here wasn’t mad about his behavior, this guy needs to grow up and get his shit together.

7 Likes

Sad but true. And yes, we can and should say that about them. Me, I have 4 sisters and that pretty much gives me a zero tolerance policy when it comes to men abusing women. I can’t help but see my sisters in the faces of women being abused.

She might not like it, but depending on where it happened, it may not be illegal. In Germany, photographing of filming her would be perfectly legal, though recording bystanders’ conversations wouldn’t be. Putting it on the internet wouldn’t be.

The voice at the end seems to be the cameraperson and sounds female to me.

What was the FARK meme? She’s got “sharp knees”, I wouldn’t date her! Making fun of the fact that dudes online will deride the beauty of a literal goddess by picking out some tiny “flaw”.

Meanwhile, I look like a goddamn potato and dudes won’t stop hitting on me.

8 Likes

It’s all part of the same illness, though - it’s men attempting to assert dominance over women in public to maintain the patriarchy. They hit on you (and me, and every other woman) to objectify you, to rob you of agency and to remind you that their needs and desires matter, yours don’t.

7 Likes