Watch William Shatner review impressions of William Shatner

Originally published at: Watch William Shatner review impressions of William Shatner | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Shatner’s easy to impersonate, especially if you don’t quite remember your lines.

9 Likes

Denny Crane!

9 Likes

Star Trek Slapping GIF

14 Likes

I love William Shatner. It appears as though an interviewer thought he found a clever way to to get a rise out of him. Bill got annoyed early on. He’s being shown impersonations that are decades old. The premise is a little silly.

Boston Legal was the best, I wish they’d do a one off reboot or movie with Allan and Denny, maybe something about the election with Denny, of course, spouting off about fraud and guns and democrats.

4 Likes

No one attempts any TJ Hooker impressions?

5 Likes

Reminds me of the time someone showed Werner Herzog Paul F. Tompkins’s Werner Herzog impression.

4 Likes

Shatner did.

7 Likes

Once again, I’m rained out of work so I dove down the rabbit hole of YouTube, I wonder where I’ll surface.

1 Like

13 Likes

William Shatner is completely self-aware. This GQ profile from a few years ago makes it clear.

7 Likes

Shafner is 90 now and definitely doesn’t look it. It’s possible this was recorded a little earlier—he mentions his wife, whom he divorced last year. His politics are weird, but kudos to him for staying this spry. Maybe ignorance is bliss.

1 Like

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1)

3 Likes

I wonder what Shatner’s reaction would be to this…

giphy (2)

3 Likes

I wonder what mine would be. Herbig’s stuff really hasn’t aged well.

2 Likes

Shatner “not getting the bit” is always part of the bit.
He is never NOT in on the joke!

8 Likes
4 Likes

TekWar or GTFO

2 Likes

He does have a point. By now (and even when these impersonations were done), people weren’t really doing Shatner’s Kirk. They were doing an exaggerated idea of Kirk.

They’re doing Keven Pollack’s Shatner.