Watch woman torture husband with relentless Alanis Morissette impressions

Alanis has created a fun paradox. She has a song called “Ironic” that is not actually about irony. Which is ironic, which means the song is appropriately titled.

8 Likes

“Isn’t it fucking annoying,” would also be appropriate, but again, doesn’t scan very well. :wink:

4 Likes

Perhaps because the lyrics are highly contradictory; it sounds like a really shitty relationship where one person is gas lighting/abusing the other.

It’s true enough that we often hurt the ones we love, but that’s not the way it “has to be” and it sure as hell isn’t a desirable set of circumstances.

4 Likes

Came here for this. Leaving satisfied. Alaaaanithhhh mowritheettte!!

It seems to me the only time it’s kind to be cruel is in not sheltering one’s children from all of the pain in the world, much as a parent wants to. But obviously that’s not what the song is about.

2 Likes

“Watch woman torture husband”… since when has it become funny to watch somebody torture somebody else?

1 Like

I would probably “Walken” her, but I wouldn’t wake her the hell up with it. I value sleep more than I value marriage.

Since 1934, when the first Three Stooges short came out.

4 Likes

“Stop! Stop.”
“I-never-will.”

A lot to unpack: The Teasing, The Recording of the Teasing, The Posting of the Recording of the Teasing.

WHAT IF: The husband is merely playing the role of a passive victim of this teasing. It makes the video a lot easier to watch. Otherwise: I predict divorce in 18-24 months.

Okay, I only just realized that the woman in this video is a professional musician & actor, and her husband is a professional musician. It is at least conceivable to me that part of the “hilarious strife” depicted here could be an intentional bid for social virality

Doesn’t mean I can’t decide, “christ, what an asshole, I’m sure glad she’s not a friend of mine”.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.