Watch: Young boy has a rough day, so sister surprises him with Lady Gaga tickets

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/12/19/watch-young-boy-has-a-rough-d.html

4 Likes

Maybe the Doors, but not Ga-Ga.

3 Likes

Are you sitting down? I have some bad news…

14 Likes

That was really fucking sweet. I might have to check myself for diabetes now. Glad his sister was able to do something so nice for him.

I was able to take my younger brother to his first legit concert some years ago and we saw Tenacious D. Pretty proud of that.:sunglasses:

10 Likes

My Wife just told me, I’m taking the rest of the day off, maybe.

8 Likes

Oh wait… those are for last night’s show! Sorry!

1 Like

… I know you’ve had a rough time
Here I’ve come to hijack you (hijack you), I love you
I’m making the most of the night

Yeah, this pull would’ve been more appropriate had they been Carly Rae Jepson tickets. But that’s his error, not mine… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

At least it’s not Rex Manning

1 Like

I hear Morrison’s a little stiff on stage anymore.

Began going to concerts again. Saw Joel in MSG, Elton, and Springsteen. Missed Bowie, Prince, and Petty. Catch them while they are still here.

1 Like

OK, then i’m totally listening.

:joy:

2 Likes

I don’t like most of her stuff, but she is talented as fuck, and she works hard. She has my respect.

6 Likes

I equally respect her for her hard work, same with Katie Perry. I don’t listen to their music at all but i am more than willing to give them props for what they’ve accomplished. Also as far as i understand both Gaga and Perry are big advocates for causes like anti-bullying, depression, etc and as far as i’m concerned they’re pretty decent role models (especially when compared to the Kardashian family).

2 Likes

Compared to the likes of Miley Cyrus, Nicki Minaj, Taylor Swift there’s no question that Gaga has real musical talent.

But not the type of music I give a darn about. Tickets for Lucinda Williams or Neko Case? I am right there, baby.

That goes without saying. I don’t care for her music either though i won’t discredit her because she clearly resonates with some people. They can enjoy her, i’m happy with my small independent bands.

1 Like

That’s a good one. My brother’s first concert experience is a classic as well; when he was 12 he went to see The Talking Heads on their “Stop Making Sense” tour.

2 Likes

That kid’s a little monster.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.