Watching Japanese chefs prepare super-expensive meals and street food

Originally published at: Watching Japanese chefs prepare super-expensive meals and street food | Boing Boing

4 Likes
1 Like

My yummy scale just went kabloowie.

1 Like

The internet really does viscerally exemplify the idea of a garden full of wonder, delight, and horror all at the same time.

1 Like

TY nice post

hungry feed me GIF by Munchies

2 Likes

Absolutely love real Japanese food and have been down this rabbit hole but my tip is to either avoid or embrace the episode that involves abalone on a teriyaki griddle… the slow death and writhing of a mollusc is extremely confronting… yes we are so divorced from the living creatures we eat!

This is the clip:

Another tip is that eating great food is incredibly cheap and very interesting if you stick to the street food and the small eateries. The obsession with fresh ingredients and cooking craft skills will guarantee this. Go to a tourist or sit down restaurant in the Western style and you will pay dearly. The best ramen you will ever eat is in a nicotine stained local 12 seater… if the locals are eating there then it will be good!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.