WaterPuff - portable instant waterpipe

Uh, don’t cannabinoids merrily ignore water? Isn’t that the entire point of a bong? Crap goes into water and less crap and cannabinoids come out of the water.

No, not entirely. They far more readily bind to fat, but the filtration of the water does take out a meaningful amount of THC, and by some accounts, a larger portion of THC than tar.

More at Google.

Interesting.

Regardless, for health and convenience, I personally think that vaping is the way to go. I know pot smoke is nowhere near as dangerous as cigarette smoke, but breathing any burning thing isn’t exactly healthy. By vaping, you get the good stuff in you about as safely as you can without eating it, and as a bonus, you get to use the refuses from vaping to make edibles. Edibles seems like a better recycling method than trying to get bong water inside of you.

Personally, I can’t wait for full legalization to really kick the tech up a notch. It is going to be a glorious day when I can get something in an e-cig form factor easily and safely.

Nearly anything sounds better than consuming bong water to me. Wow is that stuff nasty.

2 Likes

This x1000

I’ve knocked over and broken more than my fair share of traditional bongs and can say with confidence that I can’t tell the difference between any two flowers by the taste of the smoke. It just tastes like “pot smoke” to me.

But I bought a dry herb vaporizer two weeks ago and have been delighted by the sudden ability to taste what all the connoisseurs are talking about when they say “citrus forward” and “has an earthy aftertaste”. Before it was just hot smoke, with a vaporizer it actually isn’t so muddled up and hasn’t burnt so hot that it just tastes like ash.

5 Likes

They may not be in your area due to local laws but there is already a glut of e-cig type products available. JuJu has standard little disposables. O.Pen has pre-filled carts (diluted with pg). The new carts that have been showing up most recently have eliminated the pg, so they are just pure oil (increases the potency per each hit). There was a company I read about last year that had a portable extractor they would bring to your private grow (for a large fee) and create e-cigs with plants you had grown.

These are exciting times. I’m still trying to figure out an interesting product or app so I can quit the day job.

Yep. I am one of earth’s lightest consumers of the plant, but vaporizing completely changed how I regard the flavor. I can’t stand edibles or smoke.

2 Likes

I’ll smoke if I don’t feel like spending time with the grinder and my chemistry set tools (Scupulas are the most important piece of bent metal ever) but I adore edibles. They strangely never seem to get me high, I just sorta feel a little weird, even when I eat way too much compared with my friends (maybe I have too much acid in the gut?), but -and this is a big butt, like the one I sit on- they taste amazing. First edible chocolate bar I ever had it was like I was tasting chocolate for the first time. Like all the previous chocolate I’d ever eaten was a pale immitation.

I mentioned this to the guys at the recreational place and they laughed and said “it’s because it’s made by hand by a real professional Chocolatier with extra love. It’s just very good chocolate, the THC doesn’t add flavor at all.”

4 Likes

Heh,that is fantastic. I just haven’t had an edible in years, and many were so strong but so latent I was just Done. Like a two hour lag after pounding a pint of vodka strong. shivers

3 Likes

Yeah for me it’s like, I’ll eat 2 or 3 4.20 bars (sea salted caramel and plain dark are my favorite), sit at the computer or whatever for fifteen minutes, not notice anything, get up and feel a little unsteady on my feet. And that’s pretty much it, and if I want to be unsteady on my feet, pouring myself a tall glass of vodka is faster and cheaper, so I only really dig the edibles because they’re just really damn tasty.

1 Like

Are those the 180 mg bars? The most I have done at once comfortably is 100 mg and find 50 mg to be just about right before going out in public. Two or three bars would wreck me.

I think it comes down to purpose. When I vape the purpose it to catch a buzz or medicate somewhat covertly. Extracts deliver efficient results with little waste or smell and the hardware is really inexpensive. The vape I’m upgrading to only cost $25 for a device slightly smaller than a Sharpie.

I suspect your device is slightly more expensive and larger than what I’m talking about. Also the trailings it leaves don’t have value to someone who is not in the habit of making edibles.

For relaxation I still burn flowers because it’s a whole ritual that I enjoy. My only real change in actual smoking is the quality of glass I use and using a hemp-wax wick for lighting.

No, Washington State regulations say the limit for edibles is 10mg THC per-product, so I guess I’m probably not eating that much THC really. Although people seem to say that they’re set to go on 2-3 10mg edibles, so I’m not exactly sure what’s going on.

Oooh, we have very different “4.20 bars” here in SoCal, made by The Venice Cookie Company, and they’re 180mg THC per bar, with the bars scored to break into six 30 mg doses.

They call them “4.20 bars” because each bar contains 4.20 grams of cannabis.

Eating two or three of those would be… inadvisable. (-:

It’s the same company, in the same packaging, but the dosage is 10mg per product in the recreational stores, because regulations say so. So apparently, I’m getting really small doses in stellar chocolate, which I’m honestly okay with now that I know.

2 Likes

Ahh, okay. The branding’s the same, but in Washington, they’re made by Evergreen Herbal rather than VCC, and they have both medicinal and recreational varieties.

The medicinal ones are 180mg per bar, just like ours.

All I know is that it’s just damn good chocolate regardless of its THC content. It’s worth it too me to pay 5-8x more than I would for a “nice” chocolate bar from the grocery store, because it actually tastes that much better than even the Endangered Species Rainforest Chocolate, and other expensive bars.

1 Like

1 Like

I don’t miss this aspect in decriminalization.

What @slybevel said and remember that the crap is particulate matter & all. BTW I’m not recommending bong water pancakes just because it can be done, twas a dare/challenge among roommates & crews in a party pad I shared in my very early twenties. The house cats were often primary colours, people would get lost traversing to & from the convenience store and the furnishings + decor were almost exclusively stuff found in or near the road. It was a blessing that we were singly & collectively too unstable to remain in one place for very long.

2 Likes