Waxed-cotton, waterproof "fighter pilot" jackets

Maybe he needs the brown trousers as well…

I understand your confusion, and acknowledge that the final product doesn’t necessarily immediately resemble official aviation uniform. Part of that is because our initial inspiration most often comes from videogames first, then we research the functional intention of the garment the game was inspired by, and combine all of that into a garment with a stylistic Volante twist. This particular design is more closely inspired by Overwatch’s Tracer, hence the name and hem shape.

That’s true, we aren’t the only company to use waxed canvas. Most of what Barbour uses is a 4oz canvas, where the Tracer is made with 8.25oz, so it’s a bit heavier, thicker and by extension, more durable. We tend to stick to clean lines with our aesthetic, so while there are two full-sized external pockets and one internal in the Tracer, there are no cargo pockets like Barbour. But then, at a certain point, the difference is personal style preference.

I like them, but they have more of a cosplay vibe than I could get away with for everyday wear. On the other hand… http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/deckard-trenchcoat-overcoats-p-286.html

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.