'We have met the moment and we have prevailed' — Trump declares victory on coronavirus as U.S. death toll passes 80,000

…Isn’t that the phrase used for someone who did some amazing act of valor, like charging a machine gun nest, single-handed wiping it out, oh and dying, of course. (Bah, he’s already polluted the search results.)

Wow, 220 vs. the current ~2000. We are prevailing bigly, a beautiful perfect prevail.

4 Likes

If 80,000 people died and you declare victory, your goal was clearly to kill at least 80,000 people.

19 Likes

The greatness is going to be in the fourth quarter, but it’s really going to be next year.

Specifically November 3rd and January 20th, one hopes.

4 Likes

10 Likes

A human mask?

A mask made of orange foundation?

I gotta know which of the two it is!

1 Like

He’s a shitstain on history.

4 Likes

I came here to post that too. I really thought you couldn’t do any worse that that idiot, but look where we are.

1 Like

I can see it, and can assure you it’s not very realistic.

1 Like

A great pile of corpses, only the best and greatest pile of dead people

3 Likes

Beautiful dead people!

Oh god. Now I’m imagining a bunch of memes with a buxom Trump in a dress. :face_vomiting: I hate you.

2 Likes

The Rapture?

He wishes. Then there’d be no one left but his true “Base”. Of course there’s that little problem with Satan taking over the world and all but I’m sure Mister S. will have a cabinet position for him.

We will transition into greatness

1 Like

At least someone is on top of such things:
https://transitionintogreatness.com/

7 Likes

Nice. The phrase I was thinking of was “transition into glory”.

I believe Terry Pratchett uses it in Night Watch, after young Vetinari has inhumed the old Patrician, the next one says that he’d like to “transition (Vimes), as it were, to glory”, and everyone in the room knows exactly what he meant. (I didn’t, so I assumed that it was a classical reference that I wasn’t getting. Two Corinthians, Humpty Dumpty or something)

“This parrot has transitioned into greatness…”

4 Likes

You might even say “mission accomplished”…

American exceptionalism in the time of Trump. Somehow it doesn’t seem to be a good thing any more. I wasn’t hoping for exceptional stupidity, ignorance, apathy, prevarication (good word, that), arrogance, greed, hatred, …

2 Likes

80,000 today but he’s hoping to run the score up tomorrow. Big numbers are always better, right?

2 Likes