We were getting a Batman Beyond movie, but now it's dead

Originally published at: We were getting a Batman Beyond movie, but now it's dead | Boing Boing

3 Likes

What a shame. Batman Beyond is great and I’ve hoped that DC would do something with the series. Some day i hope :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Is this where batman opens up a bed bath and beyond?

7 Likes

I see what you did there.

16 Likes

20 Likes

It was only as platonic as they could get away with in early 90’s tv animation. It was implied early on they slept together. Paul Dini was a bit pervy where he could get away with it.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Poison Ivy and I do share an idea now and then…

10 Likes

Do you suppose Poison Ivy gets hot and bothered watching pollination videos?

[source]

4 Likes

More and more, seems like WB is where movies go to die. (see also: Netflix for TV shows)

2 Likes

In the comics, there have been ongoing series and limited series with Terry since the animated series finished. It looks like they’ve also used him in video games and one-shot appearances in other animated series.

I tend to think of how distinct that batsuit looked, the stealth mode, the way the batmobile interior looked like a Virtual Boy, and some of the rogues gallery would really suit animation better. Essentially, take the glimpse of Peni Parker’s future from Into the Spider-Verse and turn that into it’s own animated movie.

1 Like

I enjoy Batman Beyond well enough, but I have seen too many terrible DC comics adaptations and too many bad live-action adaptations of cartoons that I am not bothered by the cancellation. Movie adaptations are overrated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.