Weed legal in Canada

This is something I want to observe: does paranoia go down when you are doing nothing wrong?

I lost my paranoia 20 years ago, at least while at home or in known places; at that time, being busted for a 2 plant personal indoor grow or with a few joints at an open air festival was unlikely for a white, middle-aged man with no record, not even a parking ticket. I understand others have more at risk.

I’m also interested if paranoia is actually a result of something in the plant vs. the fact that it was illegal. I think it must be inherent in the plant to some extent, since paranoia is not often a symptom of other drugs.

1 Like

Four plants per household, not per person. Not sure how that’ll work in multi-unit dwellings. I expect that to change to “per person” very quickly. No mention of size of plant or yield. So it’s trivial to net 8 lbs (3629 g) without much effort. Go ahead, ask me how I know?

Likely not visible to the roadway or sidewalks. Probably not next to schools. If they put a “not within” radius of schools and other places minor frequent, it’ll mean not much growing in cities. Perhaps locked gate and 100% fencing, like required for pools. TL;DR: don’t be stupid and we cool.

I believe seeds will be available only from licensed retailers and online. Here in Ontario, seeds only from Ontario Cannabis Stores. Clones will not be sold.

I doubt, but a part of me fears a tiny bit, that those seeds will be traceable; barcode or QR code on the package, with the corresponding registering of seeds, tagging of plants, and labeling of end products. All in the name of keeping it safe. The same nonsense the licensed producers and retailers have to do (seed to ash). Traceable batch testing at most, in my opinion.

Provinces can opt out of personal grows. Two have (Quebec and Manitoba). Municipalities, at least in Ontario, can opt out.

I’m not sure if the actual rules for personal grow are actually “set” here in Ontario. We just had the retail rules delivered today, to have brick & mortar stores open April 1 next year (unless these rules state something else; I’ve not read it yet).

The above is from mostly from memory. I’ve been consuming cannabis products since before breakfast. I might have verbal diarrhea.

1 Like

Has there been any reporting on how much that has saved?

I feel a bit icky focusing on the money more than humanity aspects. I see PoTUS has the going rate as $110B for a human life…

Too soon?

This sounds frankly unpleasant. I’ll take a Quebec sugar shack (cabane à sucre), which is a seasonal restaurant that serves a greasy AYCE breakfast/brunch with maple syrup in or on pretty much anything. There are some fancy ones now, too.

Can’t do it more than once a year, though, and it’s lost some appeal now that I’ve given up overeating. But sticky tables and elbowy, stink-eying church ladies? Nope, nope, nope.

In Ontario, Bumblefuck Doug has messed up physical stores until April 1st. The online store is the only option, assuming there’s no postal strike, and that’ll leave quite a papertrail. (Credit card, tracking database, signature on delivery…)

1 Like

Shouldn’t that be 1.524 meters?

I heard someone call the timing of the CUPW vote as “genius”, in that they are the only authorised agents for marijuana sales delivery. I say it could go either way. People might be mad, and demand that the government “do something”, i.e. amend the rules to allow someone else to bid on a contract.

We’ll see. This happens every negotiation with CUPW (they’re the most strike-vote prone of the federal unions, partly because people notice direct, immediate effects when they go out).

1 Like

Ya, probably. But I’m old enough (I was in grade 5 when we started the switch) that some things are still more intuitive to me. I’m fully converted to Celcius, kilometers, liters, and getting better with kilograms. But for some reason the inch/mm/centimeter and foot/yard/meter measurements are much more intuitive to me.

And we’d say 1.5m… those extra decimal places are false flags.

1 Like
4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.