"Weird" albums that Rolling Stone dug in the 1970s

[Read the post]

2 Likes

To my delight, Tonto’s Expanding Head Band is on Apple Music / Beats / etc, and is a ton of fun to listen to.

1 Like

Here’s a list of 10 “Weird” albums that Rolling Stone dug in the 1980s:

Ohh. . . I think there are plenty of happy mutants here that know many of these albums. I own (or once owned) half of them, and am semi-familiar with the others.

4 Likes

Your voice is like a long fart
that’s music to your brain.

2 Likes

Why, thank you.

3 Likes

I know these. Church of Anthrax was awesome.

1 Like

Your fanny’s like two sperm whales,
Floating down the Seine…

Is it not s long fuck? I think I prefer fart.

Funnily enough spotify put a playlist of suggested music on my playlists this morning and theme de yo yo was on it.

I was quite surprised that there were some records on this that I didn’t know, and don’t know the artists (particularly a couple of solo male singers). A few of them, I don’t really consider obscur AAoC, Cale and Riley, and (it’s definitely long fuck, she just sang it again) Tonto. Who despite what Rolling stone say were not Moog exclusivists.
I must have a listen to the Byrd one to see how it compares to the Residents great American composers Souza/Williams. Though to tell the truth I really only liked the Hank Williams side of that.

1 Like

Probably the greatest album to have ever sailed silently by, unnoticed. Circa 1970.
Portions of the Southern hemisphere marvelled at it for generations though, with its unknown captain chart-less at the helm.

I’ve been a huge fan of David Ackles for years. “American Gothic” is definitely amazing. Though I wouldn’t ever call it “weird.”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.