People mostly ignored this 1970 Vashti Bunyan album but it’s gained a large following over the years

Originally published at: People mostly ignored this 1970 Vashti Bunyan album but it's gained a large following over the years | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Animal Collective were really instrumental in reintroducing her work to the world.

6 Likes

KVRE in Santa Rosa, California played this often, that’s how I came by it, but that was the mid 70’s Man.

5 Likes

The AMSR crowd would have orgasms listening to this.

3 Likes

That’s cool, never heard of this album. At least people didn’t assume she was dead like Sixto Rodriguez

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

I started up the video and both of my cats came into the room, sat down and made blinky faces while listening. So a rousing endorsement from the feline contingent of my house. I think it sounds lovely as well.

4 Likes

Joe Boyd managed to find himself in the right place at the right time and helped a lot of musicians I love, Fairport, Nick Drake, early Pink Floyd, and this album (the cd issue has bonus early tracks that are beautiful.)

2 Likes

also did REM’s Fables of the Reconstruction some years later.

1 Like

And Billy Bragg’s “Worker’s Playtime.”

It was only recently that I learned he was the guy behind Hannibal Records, that put out a lot of albums I love.

Back in 69 and 70 I bought anything I saw with Joe Boyd and John Wood’s names on it. This one slipped past me. [The Dr. Strangely Strange albums too…also worthwhile]

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.