Weird MAGA is the meme of the hour

Royce White on his podcast Please Call Me Crazy

But Please Don’t Call Me Weird

You can’t make this shit up

14 Likes

I too was wondering if using “weird” would eventually backfire, but the point really is that it’s your own choice if you take it as an insult. And that those MAGAs can’t just help but take it as an insult because they consider themselves as the norm. Thanks for sharing that text!

7 Likes

weirdo

27 Likes

8ywgg6

15 Likes

I think it all depends on how you couch your argument. :thinking:

7 Likes

Weird, creepy and misspelled.

13 Likes

100% agree.

To riff on the lovely Morticia quote, perception of normal can also be entirely relative - my normal may not (and almost certainly won’t :sunglasses:) be someone else’s ‘normal’. But that’s ‘weird’ for you. And I’ve been on a Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band binge lately, so this immediately came to mind:

“We are normal and we want our freedom.
We are normal, and we dig Bert Weedon, hah hah!”

But regarding the thread topic as posed: yeah, unfuck those fascist couch fuckers (allegedly :wink:)

9 Likes

Is Vance turning orange?

9 Likes

As someone somewhere else said, weird works because it’s not as daunting. It knocks them down a peg or three. It also works so well because they built their power upon pretending to represent a majority, which weirdos definitely aren’t. It collapses the illusion around their ears.

So of course it feels funny to call them a term we ourselves revel in being. Because they are the true creeps.

12 Likes
4 Likes

This is the key. Fascists (and a lot of regular conservatives) are conformists by nature.* Call most of us Happy Mutants here “weird” and we’ll shrug and say “well yeah” or “thanks!”. They, in contrast, can only hear it as an insult.

[* See also the Bertolucci movie.]

14 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.