Wells Fargo analysts compared 75 Chipotle Burrito Bowls and found massive differences

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/02/analysts-compared-75-chipotle-burrito-bowls-and-found-massive-differences.html

2 Likes

:thinking:

15 Likes

Wells Fargo, doing the important work of making sure nobody pays too much attention to the other shit Wells Fargo is doing.

37 Likes

The only thing worse than Chipotle discourse is any sort of Star Wars discourse.

6 Likes

Chip Otle was a fine Jedi warrior.

22 Likes

I have always been mystified how Chipotles stays in business down here, where there are real taco shops and taco trucks every few blocks that make food that is actually good and pretty cheap.

10 Likes

It gets even worse, have you seen their banking?

7 Likes

Wypipo love the simulacra of various kinds of ethnic cuisines as opposed to the actual ethnic cuisines…

10 Likes

The burrito bowl is a bad value. You never get as much stuff as in a burrito.

4 Likes

giphy-2336575778

5 Likes

If Chipotle and Wells Fargo somehow manage to destroy each other over this, the world would be a better place.

10 Likes

Ah, yes. The gastronomical equivalent of Exotica.

A fellow party guest heard me mention Exotica, and asked what it was. I defined it as a species of the Lounge genus, created by whites as a cheesy, lounge-y imitation of world music which could be more “safely” consumed by other whites. Those who heard that cracked up, including our host.

5 Likes

The question I have is given in two parts: 1) how many Wells Fargo Analysts does it take to weigh a Chipotle burrito bowl, and 2) is their project time being funded by my neighbor’s checking account fees? Say, how about we break up Wells Fargo and turn their analysts loose on weighing the food of other fast food franchises with 75+ locations! /s

4 Likes

Analysts from Wells Fargo

We all know the numbers were faked. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

… Chipotle is the only place in San Diego to get San Francisco Mission style Mexican food

which, of course, Southern Californians will have a variety of opinions about :grimacing:

I admit I am very chauvanistic about taco shop food. Even Los Angeles doesn’t get it right, IMO, but I don’t want to denigrate people loving their regional variations.

1 Like

Their consulting arm is different from their banking one. Although I wonder why they haven’t changed the name of the consulting arm. I remember when Accenture used to be called Andersen Consulting to stress their historical connections to the famous accounting firm Arthur Andersen. When they changed their name I thought it was crazy; why would they throw away their name recognition? But not too long after the name change, the whole Enron scandal hit, utterly destroying the reputation (and eventually business) of Arthur Andersen, so the name change was a good idea.

2 Likes

Spit Take GIF

2 Likes

Isn’t that how we ended up with 32oz sodas and supersized fries in the 80’s/90’s? Now it’s moved on to burritos so big they need two shells.

How about you charge me 25% less and give me a reasonable amount of food.

3 Likes