Wendy's worker arrested after diners claim he pulled gun on them

Originally published at: Wendy's worker arrested after diners claim he pulled gun on them | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Maybe he was upset they stopped serving breakfast too.

michael douglas breakfast GIF

16 Likes

Anyone pulling a gun means that a lot of systems have already broken down…That said, I would probably put Night-Shift at the Wendy’s somewhere between cop and EMS responder in the danger-to-life labor category…

6 Likes

This was on LSU’s campus around the end of the football team’s loss to Auburn (after being up 9 in the 4th quarter). Things get a little crazy on Saturday nights in Death Valley, and likely all involved were drunken and angry before the encounter started

7 Likes

It only takes a few shitty customers to show how stupidly wrong “The customer is always right” is. But “The customer is rarely right” seems like an absurd over correction. I’ve worked in a shitty fast food job before and the reason it was shitty didn’t really have to do with the vast majority of customers. They just wanted some food, and were pretty polite about it. Even when looking at disputes I would say most of them really were our mistake and most of the customers were polite in pointing them out and we were fine with correcting them. I guess you could make the joke that the customer is already wrong because they were ordering shitty fast food in the first place. But I guess my point is viewing these jobs with built in hostility towards the customers isn’t actually a better perspective. What does it accomplish?

2 Likes

3 Likes

Wow, this is old, but I was surprised to see “cashier” really is near the top of the list:

4 Likes

How about “The authoritarian is always wrong”? The biggest problem is correctly identifying who is taking advantage of power structures, for example covidiots and Qvidiots present themselves as anti-authoritarian, but are actually strict authoritarians with a veneer of anti-government rhetoric.

9 Likes

7 Likes

Interesting how when you sort for Fatality Rate, cops are actually down near the bottom of the list. Shocking, I know.

(also worth noting that the second leading cause of those deaths are marked as “highway” which implies risk due to automobiles and not the job of policing itself)

6 Likes

Yeah, I’m always harping on how policing isn’t actually as dangerous as they’d have us think. Figured I’d give it a rest here for a minute :wink:

6 Likes

Sir, this is a Wendy’s!

And even then, it’s mostly car-crashes (including during commute to/from work) and heart attacks. (And now, self-inflicted covid.) I suspect if you include those kinds of stats in other occupations, they’d get a lot more dangerous, too.

6 Likes

They have the firearms.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.