'We're Gonna Win Big-ly.' Trump wins Indiana Primary for GOP, Cruz drops out

Trump may be chaotic (indeed chaotic evil) but he is in NO way an anarchist. Nope. Notatalllatallllllllllllllllllll…

Knock knock, Who’s there?
Orange. Orange who?
Orange you glad I’m not running for president in your country?

Why yes, yes I am. No matter how venal, depraved, authoritarian, stupid pleasing, and plutocratic our candidates are that fucker trumps them all.
Bigly bigly bigly.

6 Likes

what about warplanes damaging golf courses?

(you may have a point with US aircrafts, though. I found a F-35 parking on golf green but no Russian jet)

1 Like

He’s not an Anarchist, he’d just perversely be the best thing to happen to Anarchism in America in a long time.

3 Likes

Whoo. Speaking as a BoingBoing tame anarchist, I resent that. Kleptarchy may be the word you may be looking for, with himself as kleptarch.

6 Likes

Again… never said he was an anarchist… Just in case people are reading what I wrote.

Trump breeds sympathy for Anarchy the same way that dog shit breeds pooper scooper sales. You follow?

5 Likes

When she turns that wit on Donald Trump I’m sure he thinks he’s been focused on the wrong border.

Oh, who am I kidding? She can direct equally withering insults at Trump and he just revels in the attention.

2 Likes

Well, his daughter converted to Judaism and married a Jewish man. Given his fanbase’s views on racial purity (and how many of them are outright neo-Nazis), I’m still really surprised that that hasn’t been brought up yet. Given the vitriol and antisemitism that support his campaign (to the point that I, the grandson of four Holocaust survivors, am giving serious consideration to moving to Germany with my girlfriend if he wins), the fact that none of his opponents, or, for that matter, his supporters, have brought that up when they’ve brought up everything else, surprises me.

7 Likes

You obviously aren’t old enough to remember Goldwater. A lot of people at the time were sure that if he won, WW3 would follow in short order.
Funnily enough, Goldwater’s views changed dramatically when his brand of extreme Jewish conservatism was threatened by an influx of extreme Protestant Fundamentalist conservatism into the Republicans, whereupon he became comparatively liberal. Another way of looking at it is that while at the time many people thought Goldwater was barking, he was comparatively sane with regard to the present lot.

3 Likes

He is the lunatic fringe.

1 Like

Lunatic toupée?

4 Likes

I really cannot understand what is going on with his head covering. It is a religious thing? I can’t think of any other reason why a man with his money would have a thing like that… whatever it is.

2 Likes

It’s fun watching Boing Boing freak out over this after running non-stop Trump articles, while mostly ignoring Bernie. They’ve played along with the rest of the media to create the now inevitable Trump vs HRC general matchup. If you wanted to stop Trump, you should have promoted Bernie while he had a chance instead of inadvertently giving Trump more attention. HRC won’t be able to stop him. That’s fine by me! As long as Trump wins, the TPP will be stopped. Bernie would have had the same effect, but with better social policies. I’m looking forward to seeing Trump turn his attention to HRC now. It’s funny how she accused Bernie of attacking her when Bernie has been practically running as a saint. She’s not ready for Trump. This will be entertaining!

3 Likes

And now there’s hell toupee.

6 Likes

We had the same thing in the UK with Farage and his UKIP friends. The media just kept on reporting everything they did and pumping up their profile.

4 Likes

Just no.

1 Like

[quote=“SemTeK, post:29, topic:77544, full:true”]
As a European with very little to no stake in the US election (until those missiles start flying overhead, that is) I’m looking forward to the Clinton-Trump debates…[/quote]

You haven’t been paying attention then. Trump pushes a lot of buttons, but he’s careful to make sure it’s buttons that draw attention rather than crossing too many lines. He utilizes terminology like ‘Illegal Immigrant’ which isn’t race, while welcoming Mexicans that arrive through legal means. Legal immigrants tend to see that as a good thing, as the illegals are cheating the system and making the lives of legal immigrants more difficult. The illegals can’t vote anyway, so Trump loses nothing there. More likely a debate will go like,

Clinton flip flops yet again, telling the current crowd exactly what they want to hear.
Trump calls her out and brings up her stance at the last speech and mixes in some dirt from her sordid past to fluster her.
Clinton doubles down. Deny deny deny!
Trump makes some half-true inflammatory politically incorrect accusations to ensure more free media attention.
Clinton plays a woman card.
Trump plays a trump card.
Clinton rambles awkwardly while Trump just lets her dig that grave.
The debate ends with HRC thinking she won, meanwhile Trump dominates the media and wins more voters.

1 Like

The British media are losing circulation like a colon in a cholera outbreak1; they’re desperate for something to sell papers. Farage (and Johnson) are ideal for the purpose.
To what extent this is also true for the US and Trump I don’t know.
1Metaphor chosen for appropriateness.

3 Likes

It was Wales. Nobody of any importance really cares what happens in Wales. Also, it wasn’t a real F35. They aren’t allowed to land anywhere there might be Russian or Chinese spies about because they might then find out just how useless they are. As if they don’t know already from reading the papers…

1 Like
3 Likes

True, that. The number on his forehead is 665.

3 Likes