'We're Gonna Win Big-ly.' Trump wins Indiana Primary for GOP, Cruz drops out

Well, according to Gallup Trump has a 63% unfavorable rating, with just a 30% favorable among the general American voting public.

So unless Darth Vader, Voldemort (also the Terminator and the shark from Jaws) have seen a drop in their popularity, then they would still be polling above Donald Trump.

That said, these are all polls among all Americans. How does characters like Darth Vader and Voldemort stack up against Trump among Republicans?

Could Vader have won the Republican nomination? How would have done in the primary debates?

5 Likes

I havenā€™t felt this despondent about America since they handed Dubya a second termā€¦ I was in a dark place back then. When I get to thinking about the current situation, I feel even worse. Somebody like him should NOT BE ABLE to get this far in an American presidential election, and he wouldnā€™t have eight years ago.

Itā€™s likeā€¦ you keep hoping somebody will dig up a piece of dirt big enough to discredit and disqualify him, yet the man has said things INTO A MICROPHONE on the national stage that, in any other election year, journalists would have had wet dreams about discoveringā€¦ So what recourse is there? If heā€™s already a known and documented piece of shit, how can you take him any lower and turn voters off to him?

13 Likes

Listen to the victim, abused by the system
The basis is racist, you know that we must face this
It canā€™t happen here, oh yeah?
Take a look around at the cities and the towns

See them hunting, creeping, sneaking
Breeding fear and loathing with the lies theyā€™re speaking
The knife, the gun, broken bottle, petrol bomb
There is no future when the past soon come

And when they come to ethnically cleanse me
Will you speak out? Will you defend me?
Or laugh through a glass eye as they rape our lives
Trampled under foot by the rights on the rise

Ich Bin Ein Auslander, Ich Bin Ein Auslander

Welcome to a state, where the politics of hate
Shout loud in the crowd, watch them beat us all down
Thereā€™s a rising tide on the rivers of blood
But if the answer isnā€™t violence, neither is your silence

If they come to ethnically cleanse me
Will you speak out? Will you defend me?
Freedom of expression, doesnā€™t make it alright
Trampled under foot by the rise of the right

11 Likes

Trumpā€™s the GOPā€™s Hair Apparent!

Iā€™ll show myself out.

11 Likes

The occasional force-choke to silence an opponent would have been much more dignified than how the actual debates played out.

11 Likes

I think I agree with what Jeet Heer wrote in The New Republic:

In truth, Trump and Cruz shouldnā€™t be talked about as lesser or greater evils, but as different types of evil. To use the language of Dungeons & Dragons, Trump is Chaotic Evil and Cruz is Lawful Evil. (Jeb Bushā€™s comment that Trump is the ā€œchaos candidateā€ rings true). Cruz is the Grand Inquisitor, whose goal is to inflict the law without mercy. Trump is the Joker, someone who flouts the law with merry impunity.

17 Likes

(crosses fingers)

ā€œCā€™mon Kasich, cā€™mon Kasich!ā€

4 Likes

A religious zealot, biased against aliens, who constructed gigantic military bases while carrying out a campaign to eliminate a rebel group entirely by massive displays of force?

Is this even a question? :wink:

21 Likes

As a European with very little to no stake in the US election (until those missiles start flying overhead, that is) Iā€™m looking forward to the Clinton-Trump debatesā€¦

Clinton poses some reasonable statement, backed by facts, that you may or may not agree with
Trump: pfrrrrt woman card pffrrrt look at her face pfffffrrrrrt Mexican rapists fart
Clinton : ā€¦
Trump: pffrrt See, that shut her up fffrrrt dumbass pfffrrrrt

8 Likes

"Mao Tse Tung said, ā€œChange must come through the barrel of gunā€."

Weirdly, Iā€™ve always felt that Trump is the anarchist candidate. His innate disrespect for law will give social license for his resisters to have the same.

Trump may be chaotic (indeed chaotic evil) but he is in NO way an anarchist. Nope. Notatalllatallllllllllllllllllllā€¦

Knock knock, Whoā€™s there?
Orange. Orange who?
Orange you glad Iā€™m not running for president in your country?

Why yes, yes I am. No matter how venal, depraved, authoritarian, stupid pleasing, and plutocratic our candidates are that fucker trumps them all.
Bigly bigly bigly.

6 Likes

what about warplanes damaging golf courses?

(you may have a point with US aircrafts, though. I found a F-35 parking on golf green but no Russian jet)

1 Like

Heā€™s not an Anarchist, heā€™d just perversely be the best thing to happen to Anarchism in America in a long time.

3 Likes

Whoo. Speaking as a BoingBoing tame anarchist, I resent that. Kleptarchy may be the word you may be looking for, with himself as kleptarch.

6 Likes

Againā€¦ never said he was an anarchistā€¦ Just in case people are reading what I wrote.

Trump breeds sympathy for Anarchy the same way that dog shit breeds pooper scooper sales. You follow?

5 Likes

When she turns that wit on Donald Trump Iā€™m sure he thinks heā€™s been focused on the wrong border.

Oh, who am I kidding? She can direct equally withering insults at Trump and he just revels in the attention.

2 Likes

Well, his daughter converted to Judaism and married a Jewish man. Given his fanbaseā€™s views on racial purity (and how many of them are outright neo-Nazis), Iā€™m still really surprised that that hasnā€™t been brought up yet. Given the vitriol and antisemitism that support his campaign (to the point that I, the grandson of four Holocaust survivors, am giving serious consideration to moving to Germany with my girlfriend if he wins), the fact that none of his opponents, or, for that matter, his supporters, have brought that up when theyā€™ve brought up everything else, surprises me.

7 Likes

You obviously arenā€™t old enough to remember Goldwater. A lot of people at the time were sure that if he won, WW3 would follow in short order.
Funnily enough, Goldwaterā€™s views changed dramatically when his brand of extreme Jewish conservatism was threatened by an influx of extreme Protestant Fundamentalist conservatism into the Republicans, whereupon he became comparatively liberal. Another way of looking at it is that while at the time many people thought Goldwater was barking, he was comparatively sane with regard to the present lot.

3 Likes

He is the lunatic fringe.

1 Like