'We're Gonna Win Big-ly.' Trump wins Indiana Primary for GOP, Cruz drops out

Lunatic toupée?

4 Likes

I really cannot understand what is going on with his head covering. It is a religious thing? I can’t think of any other reason why a man with his money would have a thing like that… whatever it is.

2 Likes

It’s fun watching Boing Boing freak out over this after running non-stop Trump articles, while mostly ignoring Bernie. They’ve played along with the rest of the media to create the now inevitable Trump vs HRC general matchup. If you wanted to stop Trump, you should have promoted Bernie while he had a chance instead of inadvertently giving Trump more attention. HRC won’t be able to stop him. That’s fine by me! As long as Trump wins, the TPP will be stopped. Bernie would have had the same effect, but with better social policies. I’m looking forward to seeing Trump turn his attention to HRC now. It’s funny how she accused Bernie of attacking her when Bernie has been practically running as a saint. She’s not ready for Trump. This will be entertaining!

3 Likes

And now there’s hell toupee.

6 Likes

We had the same thing in the UK with Farage and his UKIP friends. The media just kept on reporting everything they did and pumping up their profile.

4 Likes

Just no.

1 Like

[quote=“SemTeK, post:29, topic:77544, full:true”]
As a European with very little to no stake in the US election (until those missiles start flying overhead, that is) I’m looking forward to the Clinton-Trump debates…[/quote]

You haven’t been paying attention then. Trump pushes a lot of buttons, but he’s careful to make sure it’s buttons that draw attention rather than crossing too many lines. He utilizes terminology like ‘Illegal Immigrant’ which isn’t race, while welcoming Mexicans that arrive through legal means. Legal immigrants tend to see that as a good thing, as the illegals are cheating the system and making the lives of legal immigrants more difficult. The illegals can’t vote anyway, so Trump loses nothing there. More likely a debate will go like,

Clinton flip flops yet again, telling the current crowd exactly what they want to hear.
Trump calls her out and brings up her stance at the last speech and mixes in some dirt from her sordid past to fluster her.
Clinton doubles down. Deny deny deny!
Trump makes some half-true inflammatory politically incorrect accusations to ensure more free media attention.
Clinton plays a woman card.
Trump plays a trump card.
Clinton rambles awkwardly while Trump just lets her dig that grave.
The debate ends with HRC thinking she won, meanwhile Trump dominates the media and wins more voters.

1 Like

The British media are losing circulation like a colon in a cholera outbreak1; they’re desperate for something to sell papers. Farage (and Johnson) are ideal for the purpose.
To what extent this is also true for the US and Trump I don’t know.
1Metaphor chosen for appropriateness.

3 Likes

It was Wales. Nobody of any importance really cares what happens in Wales. Also, it wasn’t a real F35. They aren’t allowed to land anywhere there might be Russian or Chinese spies about because they might then find out just how useless they are. As if they don’t know already from reading the papers…

1 Like
3 Likes

True, that. The number on his forehead is 665.

3 Likes

Trump is basically that living planet from The Fifth Element. An ominous, indefinably evil orange ball of hatred that somehow grows in strength and power every time it’s attacked.

8 Likes

It is going to be hard to get enough bricks to make a wall though the great lakes and the St. Laurence Seaway… but I applaud the thought. Maybe we can get those celebrities who want to come here to make a yacht wall in the water…

2 Likes

That’s why they trot out whatever hard right loonies are currently en vogue: it drowns out any real opposing voices. The election before that, it was the BNP.

3 Likes

It’s not that Trump is so much worse than candidates like, say, Christian Supremacist Ted Cruz. (Really I would be horrified no matter which of the people running on the Republican side this time around got the candidacy.) It’s just that Trump got to that position, despite portraying himself as a simpleton unaware of either politics or the nature of the American presidency, through the use of fascist rhetoric. It doesn’t matter what he says now, that will always be the case, and it doesn’t matter what positions he takes now - although I don’t actually expect him to take any firm positions on anything - he’s demonstrated he’s willing to say whatever will get him support, regardless of how horrible it is, so you can’t know what he’ll actually do, except that whatever it is, it will be ill-informed and idiotic.

3 Likes

As distinct from candidates who adhere to fascist (MIC/corporatist) ideas but are clever enough to express them in dog whistles?

1 Like

I recommend the moon.

2 Likes

The Repubs were hilarious in their “How dare he say outright what we’re just supposed to convey via dog-whistles!” but Trump does go beyond that. Or at least goes beyond what other individual candidates said to become a sort of collective shit-pile.

2 Likes

Duke urged listeners to “make sure that Trump understands that we expect him to follow through on these things and we expect him to be our White Knight, our advocate and our person.”

He said that white nationalists must continue to move the political center to the right in order to make Trump’s ideas more mainstream.

This is a movement to take America back, and when we say ‘take America back,’ we know exactly what that means,” Duke said, “and I think everybody who says that knows what it means. And if we don’t keep putting that heat, if we don’t keep pushing the envelope over, we’ve got to be so far to the right — maybe that’s the wrong for it, ‘right-wing,’ ‘left-wing,’ doesn’t have much meaning — but so far to the right for our people that Trump seems moderate so that he will have space to move to the right himself because we’ve got to start an evolutionary movement to the right.

4 Likes

David Duke has obviously never been to NY. But then he also suffers from lonely-brain-cells-orbiting-in-vacuum syndrome.

2 Likes