"We're not stupid": MSNBC's Joe Scarborough says defense of Trump bloodbath speech is "bullsh*t" (video)

16 Likes

honestly, i think npr has done a pretty decent job on it so far

Trump says some migrants are 'not people' and warns of a 'bloodbath' if he loses : NPR

the entire conversation is about his calls for violence, the dangerous nature of that, and how he uses plausible deniability as a cover

DETROW: So I want to start with the context here because I think that also gets to some of the broader trends that we’ve seen with Trump. Now, right before that statement, he was talking about the auto industry and tariff policies he wants to put in place, and the campaign says that is what the bloodbath comment was about. But that seems familiar to me in that you have this pattern, often, of a provocative threat, but it’s couched in a way that you can say, well, it really wasn’t a threat. You’re misinterpreting it

DETROW: Trump started the rally last night like he regularly does, embracing the people who attacked the Capitol on January 6, calling them political hostages, saying he will pardon them. It’s fair to say that stances like that, and of course, the events themselves, really do make these threats more serious when it comes to him talking about the election.

yes, usually they play both sides. but i don’t think they’re doing that here. it’s pretty straight forward reporting, stopping short of editorializing ( something they rarely do about any topic )

9 Likes

Lukovich nailed it

8 Likes
10 Likes

17 Likes

I mean yeah, all he said was what a nice place you have here and how much of a shame it would be if something bad happened to it. Stop twisting his words!!!

9 Likes

Once a mob boss, always a mob boss. It’s the only game he knows, and he is not about to change now.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.