Westboro Baptist Church declares "Hawaii is going to be utterly destroyed,"predicts vague judgment day

Originally published at: Westboro Baptist Church declares "Hawaii is going to be utterly destroyed,"predicts vague judgment day | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Noticeably absent from their prediction is Las Vegas. I mean idolatry, fornication, adultery, sodomy, and pride are the things one always leaves there.

Vegas doesn’t have the beautiful beaches and surf like a vacation paradise island. They know this.

17 Likes

There’s a pretty good chance that at the rate things are going, much of the inhabited areas of Hawaii will be underwater by the end of the century, but I make a guess that’s not really what they’re going on about.

12 Likes

Christianity is Satans great lie.

14 Likes

it’s because HI has rainbows on their drivers’ licenses, isn’t it?

18 Likes

I guess if you make enough predictions, eventually one of them will be right. But that doesn’t mean I’m worried for Hawaii any more than I’m worried for the entire planet.

10 Likes

They’re just not the same after Fred died.

2 Likes

Nor does it have the abominations lurking in the sea.

5 Likes

But the servants of God at the Westboro Baptist Church know and love our King

Reached for comment, God said “I don’t know what those ‘bleeps’ are talking about. They’re no followers of Mine. Because of their devotion to hatred they’re going on an express train Downward when they die. Fred Phelps has saved them some seats already.”

9 Likes

I know ignoring influential bullies is not an option, but isn’t Westboro small enough at this point to be starved of attention and left to die?

14 Likes

That might not be true if you’re talking about residential areas compared to beachfront hotels. Most of the neighborhoods in Honolulu are above 25’ elevation, for example.

9 Likes

That’s not going to be enough if it gets really bad.

4 Likes

Current prediction for sea level rise for Hawaii is up to 5 feet by 2100. No doubt, that will wreck that first perimeter of hotels but it doesn’t reach most residential areas. Billions of dollars of damage and loss of some critical infrastructure but we’re not talking about flooding the working class permanent residents of Hawaii.

8 Likes

When your demonstration has more signs than protestors, you are shit.

10 Likes

If you ask me, I think they just wanted a vacation they could write off as a church expense.

WBC’s main goal is provocation so they have grounds to sue. I think they figure folks in Hawaii have plenty of cash they’d like to pursue.

9 Likes

I don’t get the one with a dog at all. I understand, without it, it’s a slur. But with the cute puppy, which looks Futurama-esque in design? And the collar almost looks like it makes the phrase into “we’d”, which makes me wonder “we’d…what?”

As for the Hawaiians, from what I gathered from spending a few weeks there recently, I’d guess they’d say “Oh bruddah. You lolo haole.” and keep walking. There’d probably be a charming phrase that is the Hawaiian equivalent of “bless your heart” as well.

9 Likes

They’re still around?

I figured they’d withered away after Fred died.

3 Likes

Yeah, because people in Hawaiʻi really love it when outsiders come in and tell them what to do. /s

3 Likes

Damn, that’s a spectacular first post. Welcome!

2 Likes

I thought it was for Wednesday. Sort of like Taco Tuesday. Does not make a lot of sense that way either.