Westboro Baptist hate mongers turn tail and flee as HS counter-protest begins

I try to be the kind of person who wouldn’t chuckle at someone slowly agonizingly being crushed by a steamroller, their vascular system highly stressed, but being kept from bleeding out by the crushing action of that slooooow heavy wheel, but Westboro Baptist “church” members…

But yes, I realize that they’re just shitty legal trolls (not truly the absolute lowest scat of the human race, just pretending to be), but it doesn’t help me tolerate them much.

Why are they chanting “Long live the Queen”?

1 Like

That’ll be why.

2 Likes

Just for reference, are you ~24?

That sounds like something a twenty-something would say.

Indeed, it’s something I heard twenty-somethings say when I was twenty-something, and it seemed like a foolish sentiment even back then.

1 Like

A-ha. Light dawns on marble head.

2 Likes

Trans banana!

3 Likes

Easy: have a square sensor and always crop it to a 16x9 landscape mode. Should patent it!

1 Like

Some people haven’t gotten the hang of those new-fangled two letter state abbreviations…(introduced with the zip code in 1963)

1 Like

Okay, that did confuse me because while there’s no Kansas City in Michigan, there IS an Oak Park High School in Michigan.

I would’ve LOVED to’ve been there!

I thought I recognized Richard Pryor!

Yep, one of his first films.

Yeahbbutt we want 3:1 pano, ya square! :slight_smile:

plus think about it. If your sensor is square and you always force it to 16:9, then the corners will always go unused. --> #

That’s a lot of wasted sensor.

Better to have an elongated sensor and a lensing system that detects orientation and re-orients how the video is projected onto the sensor, so that you always get pano or 16:9 or whatever wide-aspect you want. So, you might film vertically because it’s easiest to hold the phone that way, but the vid will not lose any resolution and will be oriented as landscape.

1 Like

I think we ought to let people take pictures and video however they please. The internet would have told Ansel Adams how to take pictures.

10 Likes

I’m glad they left, too … but “skidded away hastily,” seriously? They just drove off. There was no skidding, no screeching of tires that would be associated with skidding. They drove off.

It would certainly have been more dramatic if they had skidded away, and the author of the original article may have wanted them to have done that, but SHEESH. Don’t embellish like that.

1 Like

OK, I’ll build in a feature to let people re-orient to vertical from the default landscape if they want. That’s no problem, because in my scheme it’s all done in software.

1 Like

Ya. I’d be fine making horizontal DEFAULT but give people an option to be however creative they like. Sadly, most vertical is just lazy and people wish they went horizontal when they view their clip, but…

3 Likes

Vertical is sometimes useful. Filming a talking head, for instance. Of course square could do for that, too. Or say for somebody swinging a golf club. You want to get maximum resolution on a body in motion and if you did it in landscape, you’d lose resolution and gain useless pixels of the grass and trees in the background. I am not going to be the guy who steps on people’s creativity! I’ll call my new phone video controller software:

“THE PHONE IS NO LONGER THE PROBLEM WITH YOUR VERTICAL VIDEO, YOU ARE”

4 Likes

No way. I love all of the point/counterpoint in this particular topic. That’s why I gave everyone a “like.” :wink:

Every news source is resorting to clickbait…

Not bOINGbOING. They’ve got 1 weird trick!

6 Likes