What a Google News Alert for "Satanic" can teach you

Ah but you see that would deprive me of the pleasure of annoying people like you :slight_smile:

1 Like

pfft - I’m not one to get annoyed and or bent out of shape over stupid things - I found it mildly amusing enough to deserve a tit for tat. Alas the vagaries of a text format will forever separate the ability to discern intent and guile from mere buffoonery.

You will note however that unlike someone perhaps just being a twit - I actually did google it for you and provide a link - I submit as evidence that I was much more amused than put out by your lack of curiosity.

Reading Charisma right now. Eh… think I prefer WND and Prison Planet

1 Like

Ah, but thou dost make too many unfounded assumptions about me, my dear fellow commenter!

My comment “Eh? What does this even mean?” is indicative neither of “complaining” nor a “lack of curiosity,” as you claim.

Actually, if you read my comment again you will note that I was posing a question, which is in truth evidence of the very opposite of a “lack of curiosity.” How can asking a question be evidence of a lack of curiosity? The fact that I asked on a forum versus inquiring via a search engine is immaterial; quite obviously I am more interested in the opinions and thoughts of my fellow commenters than the results that an impersonal algorithm will provide for me.

Please do brush up on your critical reading skills my dear themadpoet! I will even assist you with this by providing you a link to the only medium that is apparently acceptable for you to direct inquires to and gain information from:

3 Likes

I wonder how much more crossover there is now on the nets between Ol’Lucifer in the flesh Cruz and the actual, genuine,100% real Satan? Will Trump’s progress towards becoming the antichrist start to appear on these alerts? - or maybe that’ll be Hillary’s fate? :wink:

2 Likes

touche!

• Rob Zombie is something of a Renaissance man

This is my kind of religion blogger.

1 Like

According to those merry gents at the Satanic Temple, there’s no crossover at all. They haven’t spoken up about Trump yet, as far as I know.

3 Likes

I’m not crazy about Pat Boone. But I’ll admit, I’ve got to give him a little respect for his covering-heavy-metal stunt. Then again, much of his career was built on covering other artists’ work so it wasn’t a big stretch for him.

2 Likes

Plenty of “official” philosophers have been pretty offensive too. Academic philosophy has often consisted of arguments supporting very conservative ideas, from Plato to Scruton through Hobbes and Hegel.

The Blake alert: “Prisons are built with stones of the law, brothels with bricks of religion.” True today as then.

1 Like

Also, consider this picture:

Cooper was supposed to mirror Boone by dressing all old-fashioned and square, but he chickened out. Meaning, if you ask me, for this brief moment, Pat Boone was cooler than Alice Cooper.

5 Likes

That logo on the “step and repeat” looks like it was commissioned by asking high school students to doodle in their notebooks during class.

Academic philosophy has often consisted of arguments supporting very [INSERT DESCRIPTOR HERE] ideas from [INSERT PREMODERN PHILOSOPHICAL NAME HERE] to [INSERT PREMODERN PHILOSOPHICAL NAME HERE] through [INSERT MORE RECENT PHILOSOPHICAL NAME HERE] and [INSERT MORE RECENT PHILOSOPHICAL NAME HERE].

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.