What. Did. You. Feed. That. GODDAMNED. CABBAGE?!

[Permalink]

2 Likes

Is his name Seymour?

1 Like

The question is, was the then contacted by Snoop Lion (nee Dogg) for growing advice?

Well the answer is of course a steady conversation of Gaelic. Makes you wonder if he learned a few phrases from Tuatha DĂ© eh?

what?

1 Like

I can attest that slugs are even more fond of the Herb than they are your cabbage patch. My advice is: not outside.

1 Like

When a cabbage like that comes along you feed it whatever it wants or you pay the consequences.

3 Likes

There’s two methods that work quite well against slugs.

1. Beer traps, bury a plastic cup up to it’s rim near your plants, ideally blocking off other access with broken shells/sharp sand and put a couple of inches of beer in the bottom.
  2. Encourage local wild life to eat them. Providing a habitat near by for toads/frogs or hedgehogs or whatever lives near you and eats slugs. Free range chickens will eat them, but sometimes they take a liking to your other crops as well.

Or you could use chemicals, but I try and avoid adding them to plants I’m going to ingest.

“Hones in on”. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

2 Likes

Problem with beer traps is they attract ALL THE GODDAMN SLUGS. The best tactic is to persuade your neighbour that beer traps are a good idea. I’m onto your game, buddy…

I hear girls eat slugs :wink:

1 Like

Little boys are made of slugs.
And snails and puppy dog tails.
Or so I’ve heard.

Came for Little Shop of Horror jokes, left satisfied … :slight_smile:

I remember that interview from the first time around. Ms. Frum kept asking the exact same question, over and over, without changing the wording much… Bad over-the-phone probing, Babs!

And yes, in case some of you’all are wondering: she was David Frum’s mom.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.